Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.OK

2014-10-01 Minutes

Revision as of 10:11, 4 November 2021 by Lwk (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Category:Member's Meetings\|\^Year (\d)\^" to "Category:Member's Meetings|^Year 0$1^")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Minutes of meeting from 1st October 2014, generated using the Transcript.


You can find the agenda items here.

Chair: James Hayward
Minutes: Sophie Wilkinson

1. Roll Call:

Attendees: James H, Kate B, Sophie, Rob H, David C, Matt Lloyd, Daniel, Russel, Pat, Chris Kane, Matt Little, Lionel, Vicki, Andreas, Mouse

2. Announcements & Events:


Annoucements:
Andreas is doing a PhD on Hacker culture.
Halloween party on October 31st
Pledge drive for 3D Printer

3. Actions List:


Meeting Date Action Point Actioned By Completed? Notes
2014-06-04 DM to organise election of new safety rep DM No


4. Finance Team, incl. Update:


No update

5. Tools Team Update:


nothing major purchased this month, but we are running short on stanley knives/small trimming knives.
Request: from Russell to get the oxypropane thing working.

6. Craft & Textiles Team Update:


No update.

7. Resources Team Update:


stocked up on nuts and bolts, rubber bands etc

8. Communications Team Update:


Newsletter went out on the 1st.
There are 640 people signed up to it now.

9. Software Team:


welcome to Rob - Rob & James are going to be working on cleaning up HMS

10. Membership Team:


Over 300 now. but we are in need of a member audit.

11. Safety Team:


No Update

12. Wiki Team:


No Update

Any Other Business


AOB: Kate wants to revamp the comfy area and buy new sofas, new shelving, new coffee tables and machine washable couch covers.
Includes: Carpet tiling (proposal from JH to re-lino the entire studio), 2 3 seater sofas, 3 possible armchairs, lots and lots of storage.
Also priced up for blackout curtains for the windows
Extra proposal: to purchase large curtains to cover the gap between the studio and comfy area
JH: full cost roughly £2,800
SRW: good idea but better over installments.
PMD: Could we do it via a lease?
JH: wouldn't be money efficient
ML: may need more discussion for the actual "plan"
RH: Proposal to hardboard entire floor
JH: agreed
Vote on proposal about whether we should move forward on this: 11 ayes, remainder abstention
AOB: ML: Hack the Space on Sunday


Actions can be chased up using the new Actions List.