2015-04-01 Transcript

From Nottinghack Wiki
Revision as of 13:21, 8 April 2015 by Fowkc (talk | contribs) (Created page with "[20:03] <jangojarango> memebers meeting: [20:04] <jangojarango> roll call: JFowkes, James Hayward, Matt Lloyd, Andrew Frogatt, kate, rob H, Mouse, DM, Andrew Armstrong, Michae...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

[20:03] <jangojarango> memebers meeting: [20:04] <jangojarango> roll call: JFowkes, James Hayward, Matt Lloyd, Andrew Frogatt, kate, rob H, Mouse, DM, Andrew Armstrong, Michael Erskine, russell, Amy, DanielF, Vicky [20:05] <jangojarango> james H announces that in twe weekends at the 12th of april comfy area will be finished, on the sunday [20:05] <jangojarango> JH goes to ikea next wednesday to ikea, looking for volunteers [20:05] <jangojarango> JH + kate, large additional car would be needed [20:06] <jangojarango> wednesday 8th, russel might have a van [20:07] <jangojarango> JH is organising general election party 5 weeks from now, he will be makign food [20:07] <jangojarango> Kate: matt little does rubber stamp workshop on the 14th [20:07] <jangojarango> JF arduino workshop on the 11th [20:07] <jangojarango> not sold out yet [20:07] <jangojarango> but will probably be [20:08] <jangojarango> end of july young rewired state will use the space for a youth coding competition, they gifted a 3D printer at an earlier competition [20:08] <jangojarango> kate: maker faire at the end of the month [20:09] <jangojarango> JH: hackspace has license that allows any driving license holder to drive a van for 16 persons re. makerfaire [20:09] <jangojarango> JF hackspace AGM is on the 21st of May, at Antenna, in the evening [20:11] <jangojarango> actions: DM to organise election of a new safety rep [20:12] <jangojarango> late entry: michel: one of the kitchen cupboards might be overloaded [20:13] <jangojarango> minutes for the past two meetings have not yet been posted to wiki, tracking of it will be done next meeting [20:13] <jangojarango> finances: [20:13] <LWK> A breakdown of our finances for the month of March, 2015. [20:13] <LWK> Quick summary[edit] [20:13] <LWK> Overall balance: £7,670.85 [20:13] <LWK> Natwest Bank Balance: £3,844.00 [20:14] <LWK> TSB Bank Balance: £2,085.56 [20:14] <LWK> Charge cards balance: £1,471.00 [20:14] <LWK> Paypal balance: £5.58 [20:14] <LWK> Cash End: £264.71 [20:14] <LWK> In/out Breakdown[edit] [20:14] <LWK> Money into selected accounts comes from [20:14] <LWK> Income:Donations £105.00 [20:14] <LWK> Income:Inductions:Laser Induction £10.00 [20:14] <LWK> Income:Membership Payments £2,880.94 [20:14] <LWK> Income:Other Income:Members Box £5.00 [20:14] <LWK> Income:Other Income:RFID Card £13.00 [20:14] <LWK> Income:Snackspace £459.40 [20:14] <jangojarango> 2k of that is budgeted for furniture [20:14] <LWK> Income:Workshops:Eventbright £201.46 [20:14] <LWK> Money In £3,674.80 [20:14] <LWK> Money out of selected accounts goes to [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:BOC Gas £22.44 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Bizspace Rent:F6 £1,026.00 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Bizspace Rent:G13 £102.00 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Infrastructure £298.99 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Insurance £97.55 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Teams:Membership £56.88 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Teams:Network and Servers £121.20 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Teams:Resources £129.58 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Teams:Snackspace £290.22 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Teams:Trustees Misc £48.74 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Tools and Equipment £679.99 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Utilities:Electric £587.78 [20:14] <LWK> Expenses:Utilities:Internet £40.97 [20:14] <LWK> Money Out £3,502.34 [20:14] <LWK> Difference £172.46 [20:15] <jangojarango> michel: proposed purchase of toaster [20:16] <jangojarango> bank accoutn migration: about 10% through the process of migration [20:16] <jangojarango> 50% of membership has been emailed [20:17] <jangojarango> after tonight emails will be sent ot the rest of members - action by JH [20:18] <jangojarango> late entry: toby (~10 minutes earlier) [20:19] <jangojarango> team updates [20:19] <jangojarango> Tools: [20:20] <jangojarango> crafts: [20:20] <jangojarango> gareth wants to join and adding in more arts supplies [20:20] <jangojarango> kate thanks resources for new containers [20:20] <jangojarango> resources: [20:21] <jangojarango> went to macro last month, will be buying bolts & screws and other items [20:21] <jangojarango> AA there might be a need to increase budget for resources, depending on their budget review [20:21] <jangojarango> comms: [20:22] <jangojarango> newsletter sent to over 780 ppl [20:22] <jangojarango> for next month they can provide stats of readership [20:23] <jangojarango> 24% open rate for newsletter [20:23] <jangojarango> snackspace: [20:24] <jangojarango> rob h: items get stuck at the vending machine [20:24] <jangojarango> vending machine reader was broken today because people keep shaking the machine [20:26] <jangojarango> software: [20:27] <jangojarango> bug ingdate/time in laser bookign system was fixed [20:27] <jangojarango> kate: google calendar link on website not working [20:28] <jangojarango> lots of work on JF, james has joined the SW team [20:28] <jangojarango> work on HMS that is ,sorry again [20:29] <jangojarango> membership: [20:29] <jangojarango> sophie is taking control and makes sure that everythign is done right [20:30] <jangojarango> that means she organises which people are on the membership team [20:31] <jangojarango> wiki: [20:31] <jangojarango> safety: [20:31] <jangojarango> carl s joined [20:32] <jangojarango> advancing safety boxes content in collaboration with resoruces team [20:32] <jangojarango> large tool maintenance: laser [20:33] <jangojarango> last meeting result was that some people would be paid to maintain the laser [20:34] <jangojarango> trustee discussion has concluded that this is not possible [20:36] <jangojarango> because these maintainers would have to be employed, which would impose great bureaucracy [20:37] <jangojarango> idea of scheduled maintenance is still being worked on though - more discussion will be had [20:39] <jangojarango> trustee meeting: if the laser maintenance model developed through this works then it might be a model to maintenance of other large tools [20:39] <jangojarango> AOB: [20:39] <jangojarango> AGM at Antenna, we need at least 70 people to meet quorum [20:40] <jangojarango> (said by JF / JH) [20:41] <jangojarango> deposit has been paid [20:41] <jangojarango> for the room [20:42] <jangojarango> discussion among trustees whether catering should be brought in by hackspace, but for the number of members possibly not feasible [20:43] <jangojarango> therefore might be had from Antenna [20:44] <jangojarango> last orders for food is 6:30 at antenna, so you'd have to be there at 6:00 [20:47] <jangojarango> time for AGM will be announced [20:47] <jangojarango> trustees will bring in an item on the possibility to move the AGM to align with Hackspace yearly financial [20:47] <jangojarango> elections for trustees would still be in may [20:48] <jangojarango> full text will eb sent out about a month before the AGM [20:48] <jangojarango> actioned by JH [20:50] <jangojarango> for the AGM election a volunteer for returning officer is needed [20:51] <jangojarango> dclarke has contacted professional cleaner for floor work surfaces, toilets [20:51] <jangojarango> as follow on form last meeting [20:52] <jangojarango> cleaner will start with double session [20:52] <jangojarango> it is likely that space will be closed in a workday for two hours for this inital cleaning [20:53] <jangojarango> *at some workday [20:53] <jangojarango> cleaners will be made aware that some piles might be member's projects, but members also have to take into account that cleaners will be around [20:54] <jangojarango> projectors: [20:55] <jangojarango> there will be budget for projectors (~£500)for: studio, comfy area [20:56] <jangojarango> chromecast or equivalent will be bought [20:58] <jangojarango> Andreas will do research but will send emails in advance about it and put signs up in advance [20:58] <jangojarango> end of meeting