The election will take place electronically using OpaVote, and you will receive an individual voting email to your registered email address.
The nomination window is now closed.
Sophie Wilkinson has stepped down as trustee
There is one open trustee slot, and the following members have put themselves forward to be trustees.
We will start the election on the 17th October and it will run for 7 days. All members, no matter how remote, will be able to vote. You will receive an email to your registered email address.
Our returning officer for this election is [TBD] who will set up and handle the OPA vote system for the election.
|Since discovering Nottinghack in 2012 I have been an active member of the community. Some of the things I have been involved with include:
- Organising and running the popular Introduction to Arduino workshops (It's my 14th one next month)
- Representing Nottinghack at various events, includng Derby and Newcastle Maker Faires, and this year's Green Festival
- Apply for funding from the Creative Quarter and running the Nottinghack event at Light Night 2016
- Making a number of parts for Barbot, the Nottinghack automated cocktail bar
- Doing laser cutter inductions, and regularly maintaining the laser to ensure a high level of availability
- Building the Rule Zero / Fire Pong game we took to this year's EMF Camp
- Taking an active role in the membership team, giving tours, setting up cards and dealing with membership emails
- Organising this year's Crapathon event (takes place on 3rd December)
- Helping with many Hack the Space days, including helping with HS2.5
- Making the annoying talking donations box in the comfy area
- Keeping the electronics areas tidy, and the space in general, including emptying the bins!
None of these things have been done alone, but through my involvement in these activites with others I have helped to make the space a better place and have also made many new friends.
When I joined the space there were around 120 members. We are now have four times this at nearly 500 members. I have seen many changes, and would very much like to play a central role in making sure the hackspace continues to grow, but is inclusive for all members.
Lastly I also very much enjoy making things, and want to see the hackspace have the best tools it can.