Difference between revisions of "2019-02-06 Transcript"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "<pre> iandickinson [8:00 PM] *Members meeting - 6 Feb 2019* *Present:* Steve, James T(chair, standing in for Andrew H), Ian D (minutes, standing in for Russell), Dan S, Matt...")
Latest revision as of 19:23, 7 February 2019
iandickinson [8:00 PM] *Members meeting - 6 Feb 2019* *Present:* Steve, James T(chair, standing in for Andrew H), Ian D (minutes, standing in for Russell), Dan S, Matt L, Ali SG, Ali M, Michael E, Ava, Bob W James A, Reece *Announcements and events* AGM done, resolutions passed. *Events:* Hack the space weekend - this Fri 7pm to 7pm Sun, closed to normal project work, task list on wiki See details: https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Hack_the_Space_Days/8th-10th_Feb_2019 Arduino workshop on 2 March, Strandbeest workshop on 24 Feb *Actions* - none Ava still following up the doggie day car smells *Finance* Matt working on updates *Teams* Mike H taken over snackspace, doing a good job Safety doing PAT testing this weekend Network - various updates done Woodworking - one sander not working, bandsaw sorted out, has money to fix other items Laser - has new fans in chiller, much quieter Engraver - Josh arranging collection Hazel, Callum, Tom & guest join *LPS* Large project storage - Will be re-organised after the hack the space weekend, and new processes will be introduced *2.5 update* More cable trays installed, network being extended, more work being done over the weekend *A.O.B* Bob W - now cable trays installed, can access control be put on next door? Matt L - it's on the plan on the wiki After RFID, will be working on class room ceiling, electrics and carpet Bob W - keen to move bicycles downstairs, did mention at 2.5 re-planning meeting. Can the outer door be RFID enabled? Matt L - custom RFID development for outer door will follow RFID on other doors Bob W - Once bicycles are out of upstairs, will be easier to re-organise upstairs Bob W - concerned working on classroom ceiling may delay other more urgent activities Bob W - could we start to prepare a place for bicycles next Tue? Matt - OK with Bob starting on this. Ali has been sorting the sheet materials. Matt -Lots of jobs need doing. Bob W - keen to make upstairs better, as soon as possible James A - we will be planning another hack the space weekend Bob W - 2.5 meeting needs more promotion James A & James T - happy to help promote Ava - Ask about comms, wiki, slack, google group. Have we got info in too many places? Hazel - Explains purpose of various channels James T / Matt - Wiki for more permanent, longer term records. Slack for short term, instant comms James A - another email about the hack the space weekend going out soon Dan - slack doesn't have an archive. messages lost after 10,000 Dan & Tom - interested in bringing in the CNC machine offered on the wiki James A - need more info on how long it is available for Matt L - some concerns about long term loans, breakages, modifications, inductions - there is a form to complete James A - Asks Dan/Tom if can get more information about it Bob W - Would be good to have it, but needs to be for at least a year, and could go in the class room along with the engraving machine Bob W - could be years before classroom is ready for use Bob W - needs lighting, but doesn't need suspended ceiling, just space Matt - want to be able to hire out the classroom and use for own workshops, also interest from others, e.g. recent request from comics group Bob W - happy to help move machine, when ready to ready the classroom Hazel - Does the member just want us to store the tool? Callum - Need to wait until we have the necessary info to make an informed decision. Action: Dan to try to get more info. Dan - Can we set a date now for the next hack the space weekend, so we can let people attending know? Matt - may be next weekend of floor not done! James A - format may change, no of days, will figure out as we go Dan - do we ever do maker faires Ian - Yes, we have in the past Hazel - would be good to do more, get more engagement in the local area Ava - do we have a hackspace calendar? Ian - Yes, google calendar, see web site Bob W - Asks about sale of sheet materials, and lack of response from Trustees? Ian - Apologises for lack of response, but Ali and Matt have been working on contacting members about the materials Matt - What is cost of bobbin sander? Bob W - not comfortable with small groups doing pledge drives, better if more people involved James A - money from sale could be used to seed the materials shop Matt - Points out that legally we may need to give money from the sales back to the original owners Bob W - new Bobin sander would be circa £450 to £500, could be cheaper on eBay Matt - could put a proposal to the trustees, to say request 50% funding Hazel - would like to know more about the bobbin sander, could Bob post to the google group? Callum - what are the plans for restarting the materials shop? James A - had suggestion from a member to restart using "donated" materials from stuff left behind Callum - What's happening with the volunteer coordinator role? James A - Other than posting on the Google Group. nothing further has happened Callum - Happy to help with re-writing requirements James A - James H has expressed interest in the role Bob W - Would like the Trustees to ask Bizspace to request more bins, as often full and can't empty our rubbish *Meeting closed*