Difference between revisions of "Bat Box"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 08:14, 12 July 2019
I had a go at making a Bat Box from plans on the Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust website.
The wood (6" x 1" x 1200mm) was obtained from Harlow Bros. It can be brought in 4m-ish lengths for around £7. They cut it down for free into three manageable lengths that would fit into my car.
The method of manufacture is as follows:
- Mark out the wood with a marker pen or pencil
- Table Saw to do the majority of the cuts.
- For the side pieces with angled tops, I used the Sliding Chop Saw.
- Hand Miter Saw to do the 1mm deep bat ladder on the back piece.
- Impact Driver to screw everything together.
- Laser Cutter to engrave logos.
- Seal gaps with wood glue.