We are currently in Level 1 of the reopening plan. This means the space remains closed but you can request access for any essential reason via HMS.
- Access requests are approved by the board of Trustees.
- A reason for requiring access must be provided. The reason you provide should detail clearly what you are planning to do at the space.
- Once your request has been approved an email confirmation will be sent to your HMS registered email address.
- Bookable slots of up to 3 hours in length are available; you may make a single booking at a time for yourself only and no guests are allowed.
- New requests for access are reviewed between 9AM and 5PM - you should request at least a day in advance.
- You will be informed via email if your booking in not approved or changes are required.
- Do not leave the space late for any reason.
- Leave only by the Workshop door if upstairs, make sure to swipe yourself out properly and switch all lights off.
- Do not attempt to use tools that have been deemed dangerous during sole occupancy. These will be marked and turned off.
These rules are being implemented for your own safety and the safety of others. The Trustees will be enforcing these rules and any rule breaking will be taken seriously.
Hackspace COVID-19 FAQ
Q. I have COVID-19, should I come to the Space?
A. No, you should shelter in place and call 111.
Q. I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 recently after visiting the space
A. Inform the Trustees as soon as possible.
Q. How do I leave the Hackspace through the Workshop Door?
A. Watch this handy video.
Q. Should I use the table saw or other dangerous tool?
A. No, the Table Saw is a witch that will steal your fingers. You should not use dangerous tools alone, no one will find your bloody body for days. The tools deemed too dangerous to use alone will be marked and made inoperable. Using them is against the rules above.
Q. If I am allowed to access the space does this mean you have cleaned it and made it safe for me to use?
A. No, bring what you need to clean surfaces, wash your hands regularly. Take any soaps, towels or other supplies that you may rely upon with you.
Q. Will I be alone in space?
A. During Level 1 & 2, yes. Vacate the space if there are more people than you expected or than feels safe, and inform the board of Trustees.
Q. Whilst I’m in the space the doorbell rang, what do I do?
A. Ignore it. Do not allow others to tailgate you into space. Do not let others, even other members enter the space. Members who have been granted access will have RFID access. If in doubt, email the Trustees.
Q. Is it okay to cook and prepare food at the Space?
A. No. Pre-packaged and vended food and drink may be consumed if all waste is taken away. Note: The fridge has been turned off and dishwasher is not to be used (wash up things please). Cutlery and plates have been removed since they will not be needed in the circumstances. Tea and coffee are still available but mugs must be washed or your own mug brought in.
Q. I need to collect my project/something from my box/etc from the space. Is this okay?
A. Yes, request access through HMS.
Q. Can I still use the laser cutter?
A. Yes, request access through HMS.
Q. Can I use the 3D Printers?
A. 3D printing takes a very long time. You need to carefully consider how long the print will take and inform the trustees when you make your access request.
The plans below detail the Levels described above in more detail. The Trustees have placed these plans are under regular review.
The latest revision is: File:Nottinghack COVID-19 Access Plan v9.pdf