|The information on this page is NOT current. It retained for historical or archival purposes only. (January 2013)|
Pledge fund for the creation of a DIY open source laser cutter for Nottinghack
The initial target goal was for £1000 to create a copy of the build log laser cutter http://www.buildlog.net/blog/2011/02/buildlog-net-2-x-laser/
Stretch Goal 1 - £1250
Like any good kickstarter style project we need some additional goals, because of the speed that the first goal I'll say £1250 will get a 600x400 cutting area and a 60W laser
Stretch Goal 2 - £1500
The second goal would be to make it larger again. I think a 450x800 cutting area and an 80W laser would be a very admirable place to be.
- Vacuum Table, holds the material down and draws the smoke through the cuts rather than across the material.
- Cool bot, based upon the london design, monitors and reports issues with the water temperature.
- Control system, an independent controller so that the system does not rely on a PC with a parallel port.
- Free standing, Stable freestanding base, so we don't need a massive table to hold the massive machine
- Rotational Axis, Chuck or wheel mount to rotate item for etching, http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_rotary.htm http://www.buildlog.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rotational
|Who||How Much||Paid||Method Paid||Help with Build?|