EMF Camp 2016
|Date||August 5th-7th, 2016|
|Location||Loseley Park, Guildford, Surrey, UK map|
|Official EMF org links||Offical Website; General EMF mailing list; facebook|
|Availability||There will be 1500 tickets available. Demand looks to be high, so get your ticket early if you don't want to be dissapointed. Also there are likely to be early bird deals if you do that.|
Last year many of the attendees from Nottinghack each put in some money (around £20 each) to have cooked meals provided for the setup and the entire weekend. Sophie has kindly volunteered to to do this again for EMF 2016, the cost has not been decided yet and may be slightly more than last year to buy some better quality ingredients but if you're interested please may the Food column with Yes so we can get an idea of how many to cater for.
|'RepRap' Matt||Yes||Train||Yes Please|
|Joe||Yes||Passenger in Soph's car||Yes|
|Alex W||Yes||whatever's going!||Yes|
- Lots of conversation on Slack
If you're planning to do a project to take to EMF 2016 and might want to collaborate with others or group together for transport etc, please consider adding a page to this section.
- BarBot - Mouse is looking for volunteers to run BarBot. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. We need at least three people during the event and one coordinator/planner pre- and during the event. Unpaid, but maybe you get a T-shirt. Contact Mouse if you'd like to be involved.
- Pedal Powered Bad Movie Night, if Doc little is interested in setting it up!
- Giant knitting, as per The Manly Art of Knitting
- Fire installations (propane puffers and such) are welcome, although all fire stuff must be raised off the ground to avoid turf damage.
- Vehicles (art cars and such) are still be be decided by EMF org. Maybe in a separated are away from general camping.
Option 1: Van Hire
- Quote for Luton van hire for Wed before event to Tue after from Watts Van Hire, Radford: "£360.00inc plus £250.00 credit/debit card refundable deposit, includes 1000 miles 20p per mile thereafter."
- Needs a driver able to do van pickup and drop off
- Con: It's sort of a pain in the butt
- Pro: Probably cheapest way to do it for lots of stuff
- Pro: Known quantity - we've done it before
Option 2: Commercial Palletised
- Pallet loads are a standard size (length=1m, width=1.2m height=1.8m)
- You can do half height (0.9m) or 'quarter' height (0.6m) ones too, but need to make sure they can have more pallets stacked on top, which could be real heavy!
- Packing quality is importart. Load must stay within footprint of pallet, withstand transport jolts & movement and be weatherproof
- Approx cost for 1 x full height pallets to EMF site from the space: £50-£75 +VAT for economy (2 day) delivery
- Easy quotes here (probably not the cheapest): http://bit.ly/1LzYUzN
- Pro: Scalable - we only pay for what we use, and with more money we can take a crazy amount of stuff for basically the same amount of effort
- Pro: Easy - pick up from space, drop at site (there is an EMF staging are for deliveries)
- Con: Probably more expensive than a van
- Con: Have to arrange time for pickup/drop off and have people at the space to handle it
Link to interesting things
- Fire puffers design
- push the tempo
- bench car
Misc other ideas
- Everyone wearing giant heads with J face.