EMF Camp 2016
|Date||August 5th-7th, 2016|
|Location||Loseley Park, Guildford, Surrey, UK map|
|Official EMF org links||Offical Website; General EMF mailing list; facebook|
|Availability||There will be 1500 tickets available. Demand looks to be high, so get your ticket early if you don't want to be dissapointed. Also there are likely to be early bird deals if you do that.|
Last year many of the attendees from Nottinghack each put in some money (around £20 each) to have cooked meals provided for the setup and the entire weekend. Sophie has kindly volunteered to to do this again for EMF 2016, the cost has not been decided yet and may be slightly more than last year to buy some better quality ingredients but if you're interested please mark the Food column with Yes so we can get an idea of how many to cater for.
|'RepRap' Matt||Yes||Train||Yes Please|
|Alex W||Yes||whatever's going!||Yes|
|Kirsty L||Yes||As for Alex W||Yes|
|Toby||Not Yet...||probably car||Yes|
|James Hodgson||Yes||Car||Yes Please|
|Vicky Morrel||Yes||Passenger in James Hodgson's Car||Yes Please|
|Martin Farraway||Yes||No||Yes Please|
This is a list of vehicles traveling to EMF 2016, please update as necessary including any room you have for passengers and stuff.
|Vehicle||Driver||Going On||Returning On||Passenger Spaces||Room for Stuff?||Passengers|
|Car||James Hodgson||Vicky Morrel|
This is a rough list of (shared) stuff we'll be taking to EMF and will need to find space for in vehicles. There may be space for camping equipment for anyone not traveling by car.
- 7x bags of firewood (the size of an ALDI bag for life)
- 10x bags of charcoal
What to Bring
Here are some idea on what to bring with you.
|Decent quality long extension lead||If you want power to your tent|
|4-way extension lead or similar||Plugs will be limited, bring to ensure you have enough for your devices|
|Teacup||Having your own teacup you can re-use will help us out|
|Medication||Bring your own pain killers/hangover cures, we do not supply this! First aiders will be on site.|
|Camping Chairs||Chairs have been ordered for village use, bring your own to guarantee a place to sit and for your own tent.|
|Long Ethernet cable||If you want ethernet in your tent|
|Micro USB cables||The EMF badge charges via a micro USB cable and you'll probably want a spare for your phone/kindle/tablet etc.|
|Torch||It gets dark at night|
|Rubber Mallet||To help put up your own tent and others|
|Drinks||There is a bar but you might want to bring spirits or other drinks for yourself.|
|Snacks||To keep your going between meals|
|Toiletries||Stuff to wash with, towels, toothbrush etc.|
|Raincoat and Wellies||It will probably rain at some point and it's in a field|
|Sun Cream||There might be sun at some point and you'll be outdoors|
|Bug Spray||It's near water and some people have tasty blood|
|Jumpers, Jacket and Hoodies||It will be cold at night and you'll be outdoors|
- Lots of conversation on Slack
If you're planning to do a project to take to EMF 2016 and might want to collaborate with others or group together for transport etc, please consider adding a page to this section.
- BarBot - Mouse is looking for volunteers to run BarBot. It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. We need at least three people during the event and one coordinator/planner pre- and during the event. Unpaid, but maybe you get a T-shirt. Contact Mouse if you'd like to be involved.
- Pedal Powered Bad Movie Night, if Doc little is interested in setting it up!
- Giant knitting, as per The Manly Art of Knitting
- Fire installations (propane puffers and such) are welcome, although all fire stuff must be raised off the ground to avoid turf damage.
- Vehicles (art cars and such) are still be be decided by EMF org. Maybe in a separated are away from general camping.
Option 1: Van Hire
- Quote for Luton van hire for Wed before event to Tue after from Watts Van Hire, Radford: "£360.00inc plus £250.00 credit/debit card refundable deposit, includes 1000 miles 20p per mile thereafter."
- Needs a driver able to do van pickup and drop off
- Con: It's sort of a pain in the butt
- Pro: Probably cheapest way to do it for lots of stuff
- Pro: Known quantity - we've done it before
Option 2: Commercial Palletised
- Pallet loads are a standard size (length=1m, width=1.2m height=1.8m)
- You can do half height (0.9m) or 'quarter' height (0.6m) ones too, but need to make sure they can have more pallets stacked on top, which could be real heavy!
- Packing quality is importart. Load must stay within footprint of pallet, withstand transport jolts & movement and be weatherproof
- Approx cost for 1 x full height pallets to EMF site from the space: £50-£75 +VAT for economy (2 day) delivery
- Easy quotes here (probably not the cheapest): http://bit.ly/1LzYUzN
- Pro: Scalable - we only pay for what we use, and with more money we can take a crazy amount of stuff for basically the same amount of effort
- Pro: Easy - pick up from space, drop at site (there is an EMF staging are for deliveries)
- Con: Probably more expensive than a van
- Con: Have to arrange time for pickup/drop off and have people at the space to handle it
Link to interesting things
- Fire puffers design
- push the tempo
- bench car
Misc other ideas
- Everyone wearing giant heads with J face.