| The Space • Location • New Members|
• Tools • Events • Teams • Projects
| Volunteering • ToDo • Infrastructure • Network|
• Members • Action List • Donations
Pledge Drives • Meeting • Branding
• Suppliers • History
|Rules Members' Guide|
Events are a great way for us to get together, share ideas and have fun.
Check the google calendar for the full list of upcoming events. Some upcoming events are listed below.
- Weekly Open Hack Night -- Every Wednesday - 6:30PM - 9PM
- Monthly Open Members' Meeting -- The first Wednesday of the month - 8pm – 9pm
- Next: 1st May -- see Agenda
Hack the Space
- Weekly Hackspace 2.5 Work -- on Tuesdays
- Monthly HMS Hack Day -- on the fourth Sunday
- Comics Making Group -- Monthly on the first Thursday at 7pm in the Blue Room (downstairs) Facebook group
- IoThursday -- Monthly on the last Thursday
- Wiki meetup -- Wednesday, 10th April, 18:00 - 19:30
Planning an event
Regardless of whether an event is just a 1-1 workshop, small gathering or massive talk; any and all members of the Hackspace should feel empowered to run an event or group if they wish. If you have an idea for an event or are willing to run a workshop and need advice, there are several channels of help available!
As well as posting the event on the Google Calendar, Google group and Slack it can be:
Planning an event
As well as posting the event on the Google group and Slack the event can be:
Types of event
Workshops are a good way of sharing skills amongst members.
For previous workshops that have been run at the space, see our Eventbrite listings as well as the following pages:
- 2018: Various workshops took place including Introduction to Arduino and a Metalwork Induction Day.
Talks and Gatherings
Occasionally a big talk will happen at the hackspace. If you want to speak or know anyone that might, contact the Events team.
Big trips out make up a key part of the Nottinghack calendar
External Annual Events
Members from the Hackspace will generally attend these events each year or every other year.