|The Space • Location • New Members • Tools • Events • Teams • Projects|
|Volunteering • ToDo • Infrastructure • Members • Action List • Donations • Branding • History|
|Rules Members' Guide|
Events are a great way for us to get together, share ideas and have fun.
Regardless of whether an event is just a 1-1 workshop, small gathering or massive talk; any and all members of the Hackspace should feel empowered to run an event or group if they wish. If you have an idea for an event or are willing to run a workshop and need advice, there are several channels of help available!
If you are looking for inspiration, some of our past events have been recorded using the Events Category tag.
Check the google calendar for the full list of upcoming events. Some upcoming events are listed below.
- March 2019 Hack the space day -- Saturday, 23rd March
- Weekly Open Hack Night -- Every Wednesday - 6:30PM - 9PM
- Monthly Open Members' Meeting -- The first Wednesday of the month - 8pm – 9pm
- Next: 3rd April -- see Agenda
Hack the Space
- Weekly Hackspace 2.5 Work -- on Tuesdays
- Monthly HMS Hack Day -- on the fourth Sunday
- Comics Making Group -- Monthly on the first Thursday at 7pm in the Blue Room (downstairs) Facebook group
- IoThursday -- Monthly on the last Thursday
- Wiki meetup -- Wednesday, 10th April, 18:00 - 19:30 --
Types of event
Workshops are a good way of sharing skills amongst members.
For previous workshops that have been run at the space, see our Eventbrite listings as well as the following pages:
Talks and Gatherings
Occasionally a big talk will happen at the hackspace. If you want to speak or know anyone that might, contact the Events team.
Big trips out make up a key part of the Nottinghack calendar
External Annual Events
Members from the Hackspace will generally attend these events each year or every other year.
- Light Night, February
- Science in the Park, March
- Maker Faire's, April onwards
- Maker Faire UK
- London (Elephant and Castle)
- Leicester (may start 2014)
- Japanorama at Leicester Space Centre