How to run events information. Some based off a meeting 11/12/2013.
See the Events Category for bigger events.
Current new workshops will be on: Workshops 2013. This will include organised school holiday workshops and so forth.
Major internal events in 2014:
- Annual Open Day (+Members Party in evening) - Saturday, 3rd May
- Annual General Meeting, proposed: 22nd May (Thursday)
- Hackoween - Saturday, 1st November (Evening)
- Festivus - Saturday, 20th December (Evening)
Major external events in 2014:
- Maker Faire UK, Newcastle - 26th - 27th April 2014
- Light Night - 28th February (Evening)
- Science in the Park - 15th March
- Weekly Open Hack Night, every Wednesday, 6:30PM - 9PM
- Hack The Space, first Sunday of the month
- Cleaning Tuesday, second Tuesday of the month
Internal Annual Events
Organised by everyone. Massive member involvement, possibly involving celebration. Usually 12 midday start until later, around 6PM.
- Annual Open Day (daytime) and Members Party (evening)
- Hackoween (Halloween party)
- Festivus - Xmas party (Latest Saturday in December)
- Annual General Meeting (Has to be in May, Thursday)
Internal Regular Events
Organised by less people, but still requires members to help! :)
Quarterly open days are every 3 months:
- 1st Feb, 3rd May (Annual Open Day!), August 2nd, Nov 1st
- Standard days are usually Thursday / Saturday
- School holiday week workshops are an idea
External Annual Events
Simple list, rough dates.
- Light Night, February
- Science in the Park, March
- Maker Faire's, April onwards
- Maker Faire UK
- London one
- Leicester (may start 2014)
- Japanorama at Leicester Space Centre