Laser Acrylic Shelving
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Laser Acrylic Shelving|
|Primary Contact||Michael Erskine|
Simple slot together shelving for display of a Rubik's Cube type puzzle collection.
- replacing a simple shelving system made from regular crystal CD cases
- too brittle - "the world's most brittle material"
- too fiddly - hard to make - needed reinforcement with superglue
- hard to clean - turned out to be a dust collection system
- my first real use of the new A0 laser cutter at the Hackspace
- using various offcuts from the bulk red acrylic available at the Hackspace
- picture rail for support
- profile for the picture-rail on the prototype seems to work OK
- it looks rather gross - a sort of 70's cheap and nasty!
- I think it must be a combination of the red acrylic and my overuse of Bézier splines
- the next version will be a simpler and blockier design
- also I will be using clear acrylic to make the shelves themselves less obvious
Next version: -
- need some quality material
Idea: Making for other people
- who uses picture rails any more? My house was built in the 1930's!