At Nottingham Hackspace we use names of AI's/Computers from various Sci-Fi related stuff (Movies/TV/Books/Comics/etc) for naming our various network attached computer devices and services.
- Holly - Assigned to our first server!!
- Kryten - Our Router
Marvin - Mono A4 Laser Clank - Mono A3 Laser
- Rosey - A3 Inkjet Printer / Scanner
- Bender - A3 Colour Laser
B4 - Colour A4 Multi-Function
- Joshua - Games server / web browser
- Quorra - General usage PC in Blue room
YooCNC - CNC mill control PC in workshop Hex - Snackspace pc in kitchen
- JARVIS - Sand box debian VM open for all members
- Rommie - HMS dev vm
- Gibson - VM on Collective. FreeRADIUS server
- lore - Workshop AP
- Data - Studio / Blue room AP.
- MCP(Master Control Program) - Media Computer in Comfy area
- Andromeda - VPS hosting the main public sites (wp, wiki, planet)
- K-9 - A0 Laser PC
- WOPR - General use, in the blue room near the window (left of Fey)
- GLaDOS - PC to control the Embroidery Machine and Ulitmaker
- Fey - General use for CAD work, in the blue room near the window (right of WOPR)
Below is a list of example names for future use
- HAL 9000