Difference between revisions of "New Laser Cutter Project 2014/2014-02-19 Pledge Drive End meeting"
m (Fowkc moved page New Laser Cutter Project 2014/2014-02-19 Pledge Drive End meeting to Project:New Laser Cutter Project 2014/2014-02-19 Pledge Drive End meeting)
m (Danspencer101 moved page Project:New Laser Cutter Project 2014/2014-02-19 Pledge Drive End meeting to New Laser Cutter Project 2014/2014-02-19 Pledge Drive End meeting over redirect)
Latest revision as of 11:55, 5 February 2019
- Pledge drive money:
- New payment deadline (date of order) - new pledges would have to be instantly paid
- Payment methods (some are non-members)
- Who tracks/sorts all of this
- Money above £4000: What to spend it on
- Laser cutter area - improvements?
- Re-induction weekend
- Cost of inductions?
- Cost to pledge people?
- How to get an induction - cleaning up the process?
- Ideas, themes
- Rough dates
People: Dominic, Andrew, James, Ian, Anthony, Al, Jon.
Deadline on pledges:
- Set for 28th of February
- Allow for emailing Andrew privately if any issues
- BACS payment
- Cash if really needed
- Laser and initials in reference (eg: LaserAA)
- Members will mark wiki with if they have sent it
- Dominic will track this
Reassess on the 28th of February, email directly if needed.
Laser cutter area improvements:
- Not sure where things are on the laser cutter is
- Has it's own base
- Move out table, move in laser
- Clear area in the hack the space day before the month it should arrive
RFID system for using the machine; two possible options:
- Accrue time
- Lock out laser
- Allows responsibility as well (no going "oops!") if peoples time is tracked
- Takes responsibility
- Daniel may look at this a bit
- Matt Little, Dominic, Martin could work out a way to turn off the control board and leave the cooling and laser separately.
- Can come later
- Talked about this; basic rules, such as 10 mins in lost the session
- Needs some kind of display to show if it is booked
- Issues perhaps if you just use the laptop to edit the files and don't cut
- Possibly see later what patterns are (but Dominic has seen people not see what people are doing)
- 12 day build time (might not apply to large scale laser)
- Loading docket takes 6-8 weeks; sometimes plus customs time
- Can track the ship!
- Roughly 10 weeks total
Inductions for new people:
- Required for safety - keep watching so it doesn't burn!
- No idiots guide in book form too, so easier to do in person
- 45 minutes or so. Booking would be needed.
- Currently: Inductions are £20
- Half and half cost currently (£10 in pot, £10 for the inductee)
- Currently: not many people doing it
- More people can do inductions - would require perhaps some additional help
Inductions for pledge people:
- Everyone now has a free laser cutting induction
- Majority at the weekend which Martin and Dominic will be doing
- Others done by interested parties: James, Dominic, Andrew said they would help
- Later pledges up to the deadline may get them case by case (no £5 pledges for a free induction for instance)
- Cutoff date of 1 or 2 months
- Email address - laser team - would be used
- Clean up wiki page - not using it anymore!
- Booking system would be beneficial if created
Workshops on the laser:
- Last two workshops ran at a loss
- Garantee by paying for laser time; maybe a bit more for materials + watching
- Democratic/lassie-faire to do it based on booking from the person running it
- Dates: Can just arrange as go along
- Types: Depends on people!