A dedicated bartop arcade machine to play the mythical game "Numberwang" as made famous by the comedy duo Mitchell And Webb.
- Hardware is based on a 15" Dell LCD monitor set in portrait mode
- a small PC is required; perhaps Raspberry Pi depending on multimedia capabilities
- control panel - swap out controls for real single-player arcade controls - USB preferred - perhaps minumus HID
This project is near-zero-cost and running concurrently with various others (BMO, skate-banjo, etc.) while I learn a decent games/multimedia API (SDL)
- The existing monitor mount doesn't allow rotation so it has been mounted on a portrait-capable monitor stand that I got from a skip. Some mechanical fudging was required to make the bolts fit the available mounting holes!
- A sturdy chipboard base has been ripped to size
- I have picked and ripped to size some MDF boards from the Hackspace sheet materials scraps
- I'm designing a simple side profile for the cabinet
- I've used some of the plastic display sheeting to make a simple bezel to centrally locate the screen within the cabinet face