Rubik's Cube Footrest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rubik's Cube Footrest|
|Primary Contact||Michael Erskine|
A small piece of custom furniture in the style of a Rubik's Cube.
- scale and design
- A Rubik's Cube is typically 58mm along one edge. Each edge is subdivided into 3.
- the footrest wants to be a convenient height for use as a small coffee table as well as a good height for a typical couch.
- scrap 9mm MDF sheet cut to 33cm square
- scrap softwood timber for corner strengthening
- hidden - want to lift without damaging the back overhanging edge
- edges - nicely rounded
- quadrant or routing
- surface detail and finishing
- routing for 3x3x3 divisions
- filling and painting - black non-gloss matt vinyl
- GripFill - can it be sanded? http://www.screwfix.com/p/gripfill-350ml/10261
- stickers - use vinyl from old stationery - binders and dividers
- coasters for white stickers
- decor and detail on underside and inside?