- Please see Nottinghack Rules/Guide - Tools
|The Space • Location • New Members|
• Tools • Events • Teams • Projects
|Volunteering • Infrastructure • Network|
• Members • Action List • Donations
Pledge Drives • Meeting • Financials
Branding • Suppliers • History
|Rules Members' Guide|
The Hackspace has a wide variety of tools available for members to use. The condition of tools in the space varies wildly but, generally speaking, most are well maintained. Interesting tools include the Laser cutter, Myford lathe, Welding equipment, CNC Mill etc.
It can be hard to locate the specific tool you need, particularly hand tools. The Tools we have page is an incomplete list of our tools and their locations (please, please, please, put things back where they're supposed to go).
Some of our tools require inductions before they can be used. The induction has been introduced either because the tool is dangerous or it requires specific skills to use. Inductions cost £20, normally last about an hour and will give a short introduction on how to operate the tool safely. On each wiki page you will find information on how to book an induction for that tool.
Induction Tools are:
- Bridgeport Mill - currently unavailable
- Myford Lathe - currently unavailable
- Embroidery Machine
- Laser Cutter
- Planer Thicknesser
- 3D Printer
- TIG welder - currently unavailable
Tools By Location
- Tools and Equipment in Blue Room
- Tools and Equipment in CNC Area
- Tools and Equipment in Comfy Area
- Tools and Equipment in Dusty Area
- Tools and Equipment in Electronics Area
- Tools and Equipment in Laser Area
- Tools and Equipment in Metalworking Area
- Tools and Equipment in Textiles Workshop
- Tools and Equipment in Workshop
With the exception of a few large tools, replacement consumables can be requested through the Tools Team.
|Broken tools are not a problem if they're reported! Please report broken tools via this form.|
Broken tools happen, don't worry too much about it. Please don't just run away from the problem or leave the tool in an unsafe state; report it.
Please also report any Maintenance that needs carrying out to the relevant tools team.
Getting New Tools
In the workshop areas, space is a finite resource and we unfortunately do not have room to accommodate everything. Sometimes the Hackspace will not have the specific Tool you require. If you think the tool you want will also be useful to other members it may be possible to obtain the tool through the following processes:
A pledge drive is a way for members to communally fund a tool or piece of equipment.
Some of our tools have been obtained as a result of member donations or long term loans.