Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Name||Ian Dickinson AKA me|
- Musical things
- Hacked gadgets
In no particular order, projects I've done, have in progress, or things I wish to do one day!
- CNC hole punch for creating piano rolls from midi files <-- my current project
- Hard disk clock
- Pianola repair / restoration - see http://pianolarestore.wordpress.com
- Reed organ restoration - unfortunately I had to sell this one before I was allowed to get the pianola, but here it is finished http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtWNb01sBU
- Bat detector - I recently build this kit a the Hackspace build a kit evening http://www.re-innovation.co.uk/web12/index.php/en/products-2/bat-detector
- Organ pipes - midi controlled
- Tubular bells - midi controlled
- Gieger counter
- Cloud chamber
- LED cube (8 x 8 x 8 or larger and RGB) - I made a 3 x 3 x 3 a while ago, but one day I plan to make a bigger one!
- Lightning detector - there's lots of designs on the internet, but I particularly like the construction of this one by Martyn Fuller http://www.techlib.com/electronics/lightningpics2.htm
- Aurora detector - an ambition is to see the Northern Lights one day! There's design here http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/detectors/compass but I would adapt it to use a digital compass chip
- A gas flame thing - something like this http://youtu.be/atulGDiUUK8
- Nixie tube clock
- Do something with my Raspberry Pi - just not decided yet!
- Laser cutter - I intend to help where I can with the Hackspace DIY Laser build
- Spend some time turning goblets and bowls on the wood lathe