Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Name||Ian Dickinson AKA Ian D|
- Musical things
- Hacked gadgets
- Nixie tube clock - I've now bought some tubes, so I guess I can say it's "in progress"!
- Gieger counter
- CNC hole punch for creating piano rolls from midi files - http://youtu.be/X8ManoX9mUs
- A pigeon proof bird table
- Useless machine - I built Martin Raynsford's kit http://msraynsford.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/useless-machine-kits.html
- Bat detector - I recently built this kit at a Nottinghack build a kit evening http://www.re-innovation.co.uk/web12/index.php/en/products-2/bat-detector
- Hard disk clock - http://youtu.be/7whVfe79d7A
- Pianola repair / restoration - http://pianolarestore.wordpress.com
- Reed organ restoration - unfortunately I had to sell this before I was allowed to get the pianola, but here it is finished http://youtu.be/3EtWNb01sBU
To do, one day:
- Cloud chamber
- Lightning detector - there's lots of designs on the internet, but I particularly like the construction of this one by Martyn Fuller http://www.techlib.com/electronics/lightningpics2.htm
- Aurora detector - an ambition is to see the Northern Lights one day! There's a design here http://aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk/detectors/compass but I would adapt it to use a digital compass chip
- Organ pipes - midi controlled
- Tubular bells - midi controlled
- LED cube (8 x 8 x 8 or larger and RGB) - I made a 3 x 3 x 3 a while ago, but one day I plan to make a bigger one!
- A gas flame thing - something like this http://youtu.be/atulGDiUUK8
- Do something with my Raspberry Pi - just not yet decided what!
- Laser cutter - I intend to help where I can with the Hackspace DIY Laser build
- Spend some time turning goblets and bowls on the wood lathe