Jump to navigation Jump to search
BarBot Meeting 2014-05-08
Attendees: Mouse, Ian D, Daniel S, Ed, Michael E (phone), Banjoface (later)
Regrets: Seb P
Agenda: Project status & progress, design talk, hacking things
- Ian showed automation for plunger with car window winding mech as motion generator!
- Michael on phone described status of carbonated drinks dispenser
- One lid made
- Awaiting pressure test (ready, just need time to do it)
- Awaiting components delivery
- Ed showed an automatic soap dispenser unit from sainsburys
- £5 on sale, £9 is what Ed paid
- Cannibalize to dispense small quantities of lemon/lime/tobasco etc?
- Mouse talked about interaction with EMF organisers
- They're totally cool with us doing our thing
- There will be another barbot there!
- They might even be able to help us with buying booze!
- Mouse described what Seb said on Monday
- We discusses the carousel, motor sizing
- AGM is next week, so maybe just a quick meeting after AGM
- Ed hacking soap dispenser
- needs a head of pressure to dispense non-viscous fluids, but not viscous ones
- can mechanism switches wires which can be used to control motor (should be simple for arduino)
- Ian helping Mouse with stepper motor control for testing carousel turning mech
- Stepper and controller from reprap seemed to have enough power to turn it
- Mock up probably wasn't heavy enough, but it might just work!
- Slipping of motor on mock wheel was a problem but with a belt drive that should be alleviated
- Mouse: meeting write-up
- Mouse: to succeed to laser-cut peristaltic pump parts (deferred)
- Seb P: produce design for optic delivery device
- Seb P: continue with carousel!
- Michael E: pressure test of carbonated drinks dispenser
- Cocktail Research: Make a list of candidate (doable) cocktails to aim for
- Prototype squirters
- Next meeting: next Thursday (2014-05-15)