Jump to navigation Jump to search
BarBot Meeting 2014-07-10
Attendees: Dan S, Mouse, Ian D Agenda: Working out how many IO pins we need, cad, frame measurements
- Ian prepared the ControlSystem which lists the various components which need IO pins.
- So far we have 27 pins listed for components which are built
- Only 2 pins require H/W PWM
- Everything else can use general digital IO pins
- Mega has 54 IO pins
- There may be s/w conflicts between the NeoPixel Ring library and servo / PWM libraries which all use timers. This needs to be checked. It might be necessary to move LED controls onto a separate arduino board (e.g. uno)
- Ian bid on a Mega on ebay
- Daniel said he wanted one, which can serve as a backup during EMF
- Ian will also get a breakout shield
- Mouse has created 3D CAD model of BarBot in blender to see how it might all fit together
- Still a few things to add
- We found a good enclosure for the control electronics, which can fit an ATX power supply and all the other boards we need.
- It looks splash proof.
- It fits behind the optic board (according to the CAD model)
- Mouse bought 12mm ply today which is suitable for making frame / structure
- Matt Lloyd is interested in helping with the frame / structure
- Thinks making a frame inside the right box / siding for optic panel is a good idea, wants to help weld one up.
- Mouse to model the proposed frame components in blender, add platform, syringe, cherry and lemon dispensers, dashers
- Mouse & Matt Lloyd to work on the frame / structure
- Ian D to look at the layout of the enclosure & laser cut mounting plate
- Daniel will continue to look at the UI / database side of software
- Next meeting: Thursday (2014-07-17)