|Team Contact|| firstname.lastname@example.org
|Members||Andrew Armstrong, Russell Houghton, Martin Farraway, Nick Baumer|
The Resources Team works on keeping various stocks of items that are used up over time but are typically not stocked by pledge drives, tools or other things.
- 1 How to request items
- 2 Monthly Meeting
- 3 Operational Information
- 4 Group Information
How to request items
Please use the Google form to request new items.
You can contact the group at resources -at- nottinghack.org.uk but you will be directed to fill in the form in the first instance.
You may also come to the monthly meeting (see below) to request items; please bring an example and some rough information at a minimum. We also are happy to have new members of the group to help us.
Items are then voted on by the Resources Team members monthly and it will be brought if there are enough yes votes. For emergency items they may be purchased more immediately; please email the group if it is an emergency.
The Resources Team is having a meeting on the first Tuesday of every month, at 8:30PM.
Anyone is welcome to come and request items although decision making, budgeting and buying will be handled by the resources team. The resources team will have a final say on any items suggested but we are open to anything being suggested and a record will be taken so we know the what and why of what decision was made.
We also will sometimes stock check certain items, on a list to be determined by what is used a lot.
- 2014-12-03 - Discussion with James
- 2015-04-01 - Late meeting (was March's)
- 2015-01-20 - Missed Nov/Dec.
- 2016-04-25 - Quick review
For Resources Team use only, please do not use these forms:
- Request Form and Spreadsheet
- Purchase Form and Spreadsheet (For history/auditing)
- Core Items Form and Spreadsheet
List of suppliers need to be filled in here so we know where to get stuff from.
- Range/Wilco - Storage boxes.
- Black - C9730A - HP: £200. Amazon: £160
- Blue - C9731A - HP: £280. Amazon: £212
- Yellow - C9732A - HP: £280. Amazon: £211
- Magenta - C9733A - HP: £280. Amazon: £201
Bundle: Amazon - better seller is £765.00
Others will be cheaper - a whole set for £171 on Amazon or £260 on Cartridge Save. Probably go for the Cartridge Save ones to save in bulk for redo ones.
NB: Needs to be revisited - apparently the black toner already has gone?
We will use Wham boxes (The Range or Wilko) for storing most resources so we (and all members) can easily find them. Noted on the core items list.
- Generally bring items in with you from home
To monitor and replenish consumable resources within the hackspace within a month of them being requested, maximum.
The team is responsible for:
- Identifying suppliers for resources
- Monitoring usage of resources
- Replenishing resources within the Hackspace
Resources are defined as:
- Food staples, such as tea, coffee, sugar, salt and pepper
- Kitchen consumables, such as kitchen roll, washing up liquid, cloths
- Bathroom consumables, such as toilet roll and cleaning equipment
- Stationery, such as printer paper, ink and toner
- Workshop fixings, such as screws, bolts and nuts
- Workshop consumables, such as fluids, adhesives, abrasives and blades
The team is not responsible for:
- Purchasing of tools
- Purchasing of drinks and snacks for the vending machine (responsibility of the Snackspace Team)
What timescales does the team have?
The resources team should aim to meet at least once a month and plan to replenish resources before they have run out.
What will happen if your responsibilities aren’t/can’t be met?
If the Resources Team are unable to meet the demand or timescales, the trustees may take on the responsibilities of the resources team on a temporary basis.
In order to be a Resources Team member, you need to be good at communicating with the membership, personable and easy to approach. At least one member of the team should have access to a car on a regular basis in order to replenish resources.
Removed since was not written by the team: You should be visiting the space weekly to check on the resources and the resources board.