Would you like to do something for the hackspace? There are usually some small jobs that need doing. You can help out by doing a job off the list below, remember the space is what its members make it. Feel free to add anything you want to this list!
Note: For major jobs with due dates see our Action list
- 1 Perpetual tasks / Nice things to do for the Hackspace
- 2 Physical/practical tasks
- 3 Website and wiki maintenance
- 4 Other/unsorted jobs
Perpetual tasks / Nice things to do for the Hackspace
- Tidy a workbench
- Put some tools away
- Charge some drill batteries
- Run or empty the dishwasher
- Sweep something up
- Sort or take some rubbish out (see Waste and Recycling Initiative)
- Clean a loo (see Cleaning the hackspace)
Signage and information
- Membership propaganda to pin board by window - --Dominic 22:55, 20 May 2011 (BST) To complete by 28/05/2011 - Is this done now? 07:50, 20 April 2012 (EST)
- Members only on components
- Resistor chart above components
- Put up some "keep the hackspace tidy" signs
- Rewire lights, studio and office first
- Airlock decorations, status panel
- Pledge pot for reprap
- Allow upload to flickr group from office pc
- Tetris clock mounted on studio pillar
- Nottingham local map to east window bay in studio, walking routes to stations, ATM, pubs, food, tesco, parking
- Mobile phone charging station
- iPhone charging: Hack USB hub PCB to apply 2.4 and 2.8 reference voltages to signal pins. iPhones won't charge without this. (Is this done yet -- Marcus 07:50, 20 April 2012 (EST))
- Lots more power sockets in workshop!
- In the bathroom by the donations pot: "Donations to help us keep the hackspace clean". "This hackspace is cleaned by volunteers", "Help us pay for cleaning products", etc.
- Possibly remove the paper from some walls in gent's loo (not easy to clean/unhygienic)
Members Storage Rooms
This section is to break down big jobs into more easily digested chunks if you want to.
- Wooden, wall mounted donation boxes.
Website and wiki maintenance
- Make google events calendar more used/widely known
Automate Facebook- No Thanks --Dominic 23:28, 20 May 2011 (BST)
- Members sign up system, quick "I want to join" auto email. Followed by James system
- Combine Nottinghack flickr stream and group?
- We are creating a featured pages category on the wiki, so our best and most important stuff is readable without wading through scruffier notes. This also helps highlight some big gaps that need documenting before we forget about stuff.
- Improve photo of the hackspace entrance on front page (ideally take a photo of the front door on sunny day with welcoming/inviting people/gestures).
- Tag scruffy/incomplete pages with the "tidy up"/"stub" templates.
- Tidy up pages that are categorised as "tidy up"/"stub" pages.
- First in-last out/ building rules
- New wiki Theme & layout? -- Probably best to keep the standard mediawiki theme, it's clean and works well + a custom theme could be a maintenance burden. -- Marcus 07:50, 20 April 2012 (EST)
- Templates for:-
- Event planning and feedback
- User pages
- The Category:Activities needs to be done properly or deleted.
- Current events Page, Google calender, links to Blog/Events:
- The community portal is intended to help people start contributing to the wiki. Describe best ways contribute here.
- Key holders list
- Updating the bookshelf page. Have photographed all ISBN numbers , now need typing in. ... Just discovered we have a barcode scanner, bollocks -- Marcus 07:50, 20 April 2012 (EST)
- Find somewhere to mount road side phones, either end of the space? Talk to just each other? Or turn into VoIP handsets? How to dial?
- Auto door closer to members only areas?
- Spare bulbs?
- Floor in workshop, sand? Paint?
- Network points in the workshop?