Difference between revisions of "Locking up"
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Revision as of 14:29, 12 December 2014
The following must be done when locking-up.
- Ensure the back door in the workshop is closed
- The members room door must be pulled shut.
- The members project box area door must be pulled shut.
- Inner main door must be taken off the latch.
- Ensure the outer door in the stair well is properly closed.
- Main, street-level door should be pulled shut when the dance school is not open. (not on diagram)
See the diagram for locations.
There are several main light switches around the space. Additionally, after an open evening, there are usually several other lights, lamps and lit decorations that will also need to be turned off.
⚫ main light switch
⚫ chest-level plug socket
⚫ floor-level plug socket
See the diagram for the locations of switches.
- There is a propane heater that is often used on Wednesday evenings, especially in winter. It has no fixed location in the hackspace. It is important that this is turned off as it is expensive to run and most dangerous if left running (CO & fire risk). It will need to be left with the fan running for a few minutes after the burner has been switched off.
- There is a convection heater in the workshop next to the laser bench.
- There is also sometimes a small electric fan heater (50p per hour) that has no fixed location in the hackspace.
Also see Heating.
- All electrical appliances need to be switched off and left safe (e.g., soldering irons).
- The "kill switch" (near the inner door) can be flipped. It tells Holly no one is in the space.