I'm Eriw in real life, I'm still fairly new to the HackSpace having only joined in February 2014, I go by WanderingPyro (or shortened to WPyro) on the internet. I have a chronic medical condition that means I'm a wheelchair user some of the time, so sometimes you'll see me on my wheelchair other times you'll see me walking. I tend to be a girl with lots of ideas, but not the time or patience to see them though to the end. I have a blog / website about myself and what I'm up to at the moment - link.
- Electronics & Soldering
- Woodwork & Carpentry
- Wheelchair Maintenance (it's kinda like a bike)
- Metal Work (and some Forging)
- Welding - Oxy (and some Mig)
Things to learn
- Turning Metal
- CNC Lathes and Mills
- Raspberry Pi Hardware Interfacing
- Arduino Devlopemnt
- Re-purposing old paint-ball CO2 bottles as portable air tanks for airbrush
- Raspberry Pi based home automation system for single room
- Electronic temperature controlled vaporiser
These projects were all completed prior to joining the HackSpace:
- Conversion of LDV Pilot van to camper-van (2004) - Sadly this camper only lived for about 8 months before the sump seal blew and the engine seized up, it was not cost effective to replace the engine, leading to me starting again with a bigger van.
- Conversion of LDV Convoy can to camper-van (2005)
- This was my first proper home, I kind of lived in the LDV Pilot but it was too small to manage properly, I lived properly in the Convoy for two years before I decided that I really needed more space.
- Conversion of Merc 709 D Dormabile Bus to camper-van (2007) - I lived in this bus for nearly five years, finally had to sell it when I decided to move in with my boyfriend in 2011.
These are all the project that spring to mind at the moment.