2014-06-04 Transcript

From Nottinghack Wiki
(Redirected from Transcript 2014-06-04)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

[19:56:43] Elsen (4f4dbc8b@gateway/web/freenode/ip. joined the channel.
[19:57:47] <Elsen> Member's Meeting 2014-06-04
[19:58:24] <Elsen> Attendance: James F (chair)
[19:58:29] <Elsen> David C
[19:58:30] <Elsen> Mouse
[19:58:36] <Elsen> Justin
[19:58:42] <Elsen> Jon
[19:58:43] <Elsen> Rob
[19:58:45] <Elsen> Gareth
[19:58:47] <Elsen> James H
[19:58:50] <Elsen> Michael Erskine
[19:58:53] <Elsen> Matt Lloyd
[19:58:55] <Elsen> Toby
[19:59:00] <Elsen> Russell
[19:59:06] <Elsen> Dominic
[19:59:14] <Elsen> Lionel
[20:00:22] <Elsen> Dominic [sarcasm] let us know if we're going too fast love [/sarcasm]
[20:00:26] MidnighToker (~Toker@unaffiliated/midnightoker) joined the channel.
[20:00:29] <Elsen> JF: it's 8 o clock.
[20:00:32] <Elsen> JF: roll call? done
[20:00:39] <Elsen> JF: Announcement & Events: any to make?
[20:00:44] <Elsen> JH: anyone can
[20:00:47] <Elsen> JF: start with trustees
[20:00:50] <Elsen> JH: errm
[20:00:57] <Elsen> JH: I can't remember now, I have a blank name
[20:01:01] <Elsen> GH: we had an election
[20:01:06] <Elsen> JH: we had an election!
[20:01:14] gmjhowe (~gmjhowe@mjhosting.co.uk) left the channel.
[20:01:15] <Elsen> JH: JF is a trustee now!
[20:01:24] <Elsen> ME: What's quora? 50%
[20:01:32] <Elsen> JH: [LOUD] FUCK NO![/loud]
[20:01:51] awambawamb (~quassel@cpc6-derb14-2-0-cust714.8-3.cable.virginm.net) joined the channel.
[20:01:52] <Elsen> JH: we had an inspection by BizSpace insurers, they didn't notice Jake standing in front of things, so it all went well
[20:02:11] <Elsen> JH: we still need a full electrical inspection to organise, we have new fire extinguishers, and we need to PAT test
[20:02:18] <Elsen> DC: do we have another announcement?
[20:02:28] <Elsen> JH: DO we?
[20:02:31] <Elsen> DC: apparently not
[20:02:41] <Elsen> Spencer came in AND HE WAS VERY VERY LATE
[20:02:49] <Elsen> *silence*
[20:02:57] <Elsen> JF: Events
[20:03:09] <Elsen> JF: GH sent a newsletter, anything you can remember?
[20:03:27] <Elsen> GH: yes, we've got the usual Thursday events going on, usual Arduino this week and Ukelele meeting
[20:03:33] <Elsen> Next Thursday we have comics
[20:03:36] <Elsen> SRW: oo I'd forgotten about that
[20:03:52] <Elsen> GH: We have another Arduino meeting soon, 19th July
[20:04:02] Chickengrylls (42f95d58@gateway/web/freenode/ip. joined the channel.
[20:04:05] <Elsen> JF: Not our event but EMF camp ticket are now on sale, end of August
[20:04:12] <Elsen> DM: turns out I'm not human, I can't fill in captchas
[20:04:40] <Elsen> JH: if anyone is a first aider, they need first aiders. if you sign up to be a first aider, and do 2 or 3 shifts over the 3 days then you get a free ticket
[20:04:50] <Elsen> JH: First aiders are the only ones to get free tickets
[20:04:56] <Elsen> TJ: what if you've already paid?
[20:04:57] <Elsen> JH: no idea
[20:05:26] <Elsen> JH: they'll need to see your first aid certificate and you'll need to give enhanced disclosure
[20:05:30] <Elsen> JH: which they pay for
[20:05:51] <Elsen> GH: other news: bike surgery 21/06, and gaming Sunday on the 22nd June
[20:06:02] <Elsen> GH: which is now established as a monthly event
[20:06:09] <Elsen> JF: Actions list, do we need to go through each one?
[20:06:14] <Elsen> JH: we need to go through it
[20:06:19] <Elsen> DM: can we nullify it and start again
[20:06:23] <Elsen> DM: let's vote
[20:06:38] <Elsen> Vote to nullify: 11 voted for, PASSED
[20:06:44] <Elsen> JF: anyone had any major objections?
[20:06:52] <Elsen> JF: any more comments on the action list?
[20:06:55] <Elsen> Mouse: why's it empty
[20:07:06] <Elsen> JH: [LOUD] I LOVE MOUSE HE'S SO FUNNY[/loud]
[20:07:30] <Elsen> DM: Suggests that we add this to the agenda for next time
[20:07:46] <Elsen> Several members request I stop writing what they're saying down
[20:07:55] <Elsen> JF: Finance team, can we have a financial update
[20:08:04] <Elsen> JH: before he does it, can we take a sweepstake on whether or not he's done it?
[20:08:06] <LWK> Quick summary[edit]
[20:08:06] <LWK> Start bank balance: £6121.63
[20:08:06] <LWK> Out: £2,460.35
[20:08:06] <LWK> In: £2,496.00
[20:08:06] <LWK> End: £6173.28
[20:08:06] <LWK> Charge cards balance: £600??
[20:08:06] <LWK> Paypal Start: £5.58
[20:08:06] <LWK> Paypal End: £5.58
[20:08:06] <LWK> Cash Start balance: £465.65
[20:08:06] <LWK> Cash In: £73.6
[20:08:06] <LWK> Cash Out: £64.94
[20:08:06] <LWK> Cash End: £474.31
[20:08:06] <LWK> Members[edit]
[20:08:06] <LWK> Start: 243
[20:08:06] <LWK> New: 8
[20:08:06] <LWK> Ex: 3
[20:08:06] <LWK> End: 248
[20:08:06] <LWK> In/out Breakdown[edit]
[20:08:06] <LWK> Outgoings[edit]
[20:08:06] <LWK> BizSpace: 1331.69
[20:08:06] <LWK> Talk talk: £
[20:08:06] <LWK> Insurance: £66.52
[20:08:06] <LWK> Other: £1062.14
[20:08:06] <LWK> Income[edit]
[20:08:06] <LWK> Membership dues: £2382
[20:08:06] <LWK> Petty Cash Deposits: £
[20:08:06] <LWK> Workshops: £55
[20:08:06] <LWK> Donations: £
[20:08:06] <LWK> Events: £
[20:08:06] <LWK> Pledges: £25
[20:08:06] <Elsen> JF: no we can't
[20:08:51] Justin_j_ (~Justin-jn@ left IRC. (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
[20:09:24] <Elsen> DM: I can check how many members we actually have now
[20:09:34] <Elsen> JH: Why are your numbers wrong?
[20:09:38] <Elsen> ML: Because they are.
[20:09:41] <Elsen> DM: OF COURSE!
[20:09:57] <Elsen> GH: why is there nothing on talk talk?
[20:10:19] <Elsen> ML: because since we've changed that'll be why, they haven't billed us for 2 months
[20:10:25] <Elsen> DM: this is worrying
[20:10:28] <Elsen> JH: Nah it's fine
[20:10:49] <Elsen> ML: nothing to worry about, our overall trend is fine
[20:11:14] <Elsen> JF: does anyone have any more pertinent things about finance?
[20:11:22] <Elsen> JF: Pecha Kucha item on Agenda
[20:11:30] <Elsen> Dominic shuts door on Spencer's face
[20:11:49] kimjonggill (56a14657@gateway/web/freenode/ip. joined the channel.
[20:12:10] <Elsen> DM: discussing the Creative Quarter (which we are part of) - those guys have often tried to work with us and are keen to host a Pecha Kucha session here at the Hackspace. They;re having the next one at the new creative writers institute
[20:12:39] <Elsen> They would like to do one here. It's very likely to be on a Friday afternoon, which wouldn't impact Hackspace hugely but they're keen to have it here. Speakers come and they have 20 images and 20 seconds per image to talk about it
[20:12:42] <Elsen> Often on a theme.
[20:12:55] <Elsen> DM: SO the question is, can we host one in September, do we think it is a good thing?
[20:13:27] <Elsen> DC: yes yes yes, on a slightly connected subject, if anyone manages to pick up a copy of the current left lion newspaper, an alternative pop music magazine, it has a 2 page article about the creative quarter
[20:13:31] <Elsen> JH: Would we get paid for it?
[20:13:39] <Elsen> DM: there may be some money to help provide refreshments and stuff
[20:13:48] <Elsen> GH: we'd need to make sure we could manage it technically for them?
[20:14:14] <Elsen> DM: Jim Shorehouse who runs it has been to the venue, they want venues that are very different, they like this venue because it's different, and its nice because its not an evening/weekend event, which lets us interact
[20:14:17] <Elsen> with this area of the city.
[20:14:27] <Elsen> JH: What time are they?
[20:14:33] <Elsen> DM: the June one is between 4 and 6 PM
[20:14:43] <Elsen> GH: In terms of managing audiences, and the space, is it invited or open to everyone?
[20:14:57] <Elsen> DM: I don't know but I do have a bunch of guidelines I haven't read
[20:15:04] <Elsen> GH: Would be good to know if we could carry it off
[20:15:14] <Elsen> DM: I'd also volunteer to liaise and deal with people
[20:15:26] <Elsen> JH: It'd be good to have some projects out and whatnot, look flashy
[20:15:50] <Elsen> DM: would be good to have our members up at Pecha Kucha talks to talk about what we've got with things like the BarBot, Luthiers, ZX 81
[20:16:01] <Elsen> JH: could even talk about the space in that time
[20:16:11] <Elsen> [smooth transition]
[20:16:22] <Elsen> DM: do we need to vote on it or just agree its fine?
[20:16:27] <Elsen> JH: nobody has raided any objections
[20:16:31] <Elsen> JH: so yes, we agree
[20:16:35] <Elsen> FULL STEAM AHEAD
[20:16:56] <Elsen> *discussion about pubs*
[20:17:09] <Elsen> DM: posters are up all over the Hackspace
[20:17:14] <Elsen> ME: recommend they do a better poster
[20:17:19] <Elsen> JF: Tools team, anyone here?
[20:17:38] <Elsen> DC: there is a tools team wiki page now with a scope draft up there which basically describes what we do which is thinking about tools and spending money on them
[20:17:58] <Elsen> there is also a wiki page yet unpopulated listing the things that have been bought under the scope of the tools team and that will be developed and maintained on a regular basis
[20:18:13] <Elsen> tools team would like to remind you there is a tools email tools@nottinghack.co.uk for requesting tools
[20:18:21] <Elsen> JF: any questions for the Tools Men (Y, M C A)
[20:18:29] <Elsen> DM: have you had any contact from Joe?
[20:18:31] <Elsen> DC: No
[20:19:26] <Elsen> SRW: craft team, have a scope and would like to develop a monthly programme as well
[20:19:32] <Elsen> JF: resources team?
[20:19:38] <Elsen> DM: haven't done a huge amount this money
[20:20:08] <Elsen> Lionel: Has updated stuff for Orange Swarfega
[20:20:11] <Elsen> (sp?)
[20:20:29] <Elsen> DM:I am leaving the resources team this month to concentrate on trustee duties so...
[20:20:32] <Elsen> JH: have fun lionel!
[20:20:43] <Elsen> DM: will you be here every month lionel?
[20:20:46] <Elsen> Lionel: I can try to be!
[20:20:59] <Elsen> JF: there is of course space to join the resources team
[20:21:06] <Elsen> Lionel: I am trying to master the new system
[20:21:21] <Elsen> DM: it's too process heavy, and it doesn't work and it needs to be better
[20:21:37] <Elsen> DM: it'd be easier to have requests....but we'll have another meeting before I step down to discuss it
[20:21:49] <Elsen> JF: Comms team
[20:21:53] <Elsen> GH: newsletter went out on Sunday
[20:22:04] <Elsen> GH: we now have 548 people on the list, we're getting really good clickthroughs
[20:22:09] <Elsen> Dominic shut the door on Spencer again
[20:22:14] <Elsen> Poor Spencer
[20:22:31] <Elsen> GH: the videos worked really well on the newsletter, such as the barbot video which was brilliant
[20:22:43] <Elsen> Russell: Videos may not be working
[20:23:02] <Elsen> GH: will chase why. But re: videos, anything that brings videos to the newsletter is great, works really well, clickthroughs are great
[20:23:13] <Elsen> GH: Also facebook, we're getting a great increase in our stats about what's going on
[20:23:19] <Elsen> JF: well done on the barbot video
[20:23:36] <Elsen> JH: the bit with the video on the moving section was great
[20:23:46] <Elsen> All members: barbot video was great, well done
[20:24:01] <Elsen> JF: Any questions?
[20:24:27] <Elsen> ME: I put an item on the agenda about the talk page and about the communications team taking charge of the forums discussion
[20:24:33] <Elsen> JH: We'll take that to AOB
[20:24:37] <Elsen> JF: Software team update
[20:24:39] <Elsen> JH: Hello!
[20:24:50] <Elsen> JH: we have a scope now, and we have had plenty of err random not random MINOR updates
[20:25:15] <Elsen> JF: we've accepted our first pool request on github now, from JF, who noticed that NOTTINGHAM was spelt incorrectly on the HMS homepage, which has probably been there for years
[20:25:26] kimjonggill (56a14657@gateway/web/freenode/ip. left IRC. (Quit: Page closed)
[20:25:27] <Elsen> corrected above to JH
[20:26:00] <ds1111> pool=pull I think
[20:26:10] <Elsen> JH: The laser booking system is in progress and is undergoing a code review
[20:26:20] <Elsen> JH: we now have an RFID system in place for laser time
[20:26:39] <Elsen> JH: the eventual goal is for the booking system and the user system to all be working together
[20:26:55] <Elsen> JF: please mention thank you to AA for developing the booking system
[20:27:01] <Elsen> JF: Membership Team
[20:27:04] <Elsen> DM: [hand up]
[20:27:08] <Elsen> *no other hands up*
[20:27:09] <Elsen> DM: Bugger
[20:27:34] <Elsen> DM: I am stepping down from the membership team at the end of the month. We have 258 members at the end of this month, we've had some leavers but no audit since the AGM.
[20:27:43] <Elsen> ML: 3 this month so take 3 off that number
[20:28:11] <Elsen> DM: it is a problem that Membership team members need to be active and here and regular and prominent and regular and experienced and GREAT
[20:28:20] <Elsen> DM: Membership team would be great if you attend these meetings
[20:28:35] <Elsen> JH: Recommending Toby and Mouse for this
[20:28:52] <Elsen> Mouse: NO thank you
[20:29:01] <Elsen> Toby: I can't commit to shifts
[20:29:11] <Elsen> James; your keyboard is shit.
[20:29:29] <Elsen> JH: I can't do it, I'm crap at it, and I'm already a part of the membership team
[20:29:46] <Elsen> DM: explained its just HMS and cards
[20:29:57] <Elsen> Toby: okay, show me how to do it and I'll do it
[20:29:58] <Elsen> JF: Safety team update
[20:30:01] <Elsen> DM: that;'s meeeeee
[20:30:08] <Elsen> DM: Well I'm stepping down from the safety team....
[20:30:10] <Elsen> LAUGHTER
[20:30:12] <Elsen> mostly from JH
[20:30:39] <Elsen> DM: I'm not actually stepping down until we have a new safety representative
[20:30:44] <Elsen> DM: I'm not sure who is on it
[20:30:49] <Elsen> ME: I'm on it
[20:30:54] <Elsen> ME & DM: we agree everything is safe
[20:31:03] <LWK> https://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Group:Safety
[20:31:08] <Elsen> *jokes about michael jackson*
[20:31:20] <Elsen> JF: Waiting for talk page to come up in case anything comes up on there
[20:32:02] <Elsen> JF: Proposal on the forum idea being put into the remit of the communications team
[20:32:05] <Elsen> JF: who is on the team?
[20:32:11] <Elsen> GH: JH, Rob, Kate and GAreth
[20:32:37] <Elsen> ME: It strikes me that this is a communications issue, that we communicate on the mailing list, and we have a website, and we have newsletters, etc, and its all part of our communication and information sharing methods, and the discussion about
[20:33:00] <Elsen> ME: perhaps we should have a forum as well, some forum software, to further disseminate the information, and its very contenious, because we've had the discussion multiple times
[20:33:18] <Elsen> ME: and we really need to either come up with something better, or disseminate information better
[20:33:31] <Elsen> ME: but the communications teams need to be involved because we need to develop what our communications are
[20:33:43] <Elsen> DM: what exactly are you asking the comms team to do, specifically?
[20:33:55] <Elsen> ME: to say to the proposer of the idea, we're the communications team, do you want to talk about it
[20:34:04] <Elsen> ME: so that you can cover what we need from a new communications medium
[20:34:32] <Elsen> GH: where it stands at the moment, the google group was left out of the cope of the comms team as the GG is a place where the community is talking to each other, and there's a moderation team that overlooks that which is separate to the communications team
[20:34:53] <Elsen> GH: would rather not open a massive discussion here but is the group about talking to an external audience or is it about members already discussing things?
[20:35:05] <Elsen> GH: is it one of the means by which we communicate externally or is it merely a community space?
[20:35:18] <Elsen> JH: as a comms team we don't even consider it a way to communicate with members right now
[20:35:37] <Elsen> GH: if the membership as a whole thinks the comms group should run that, then that's a different question [20:35:52] gmjhowe (~gmjhowe@mjhosting.co.uk) joined the channel.
[20:36:03] <Elsen> SRW: rambles.
[20:36:34] <Elsen> DM: there's an evolution between our communications. I own the google group in which I can be the only person to shut it down, but in theory anyone else could just open up another one
[20:37:06] <Elsen> DM: I feel as a trustee we have moved beyond the google group and we shouldn't be using it as the official communication tool of hackspace, and our limited resources in comms should be focused on the website and out outward output
[20:37:23] <Elsen> DM,: some people will use a forum, some google, some neither, but none of these address how we communicate by our members
[20:37:53] <Elsen> JOn: I was struck that over just 4 hours a post received 44 replies, which is incredible
[20:38:07] <Elsen> DM: but what %age of the membership actually gave a few on that thread
[20:38:53] <Elsen> DC: one of the often raised objections to the GG is that the small %age of members that are actually involved in it and notice it. that arises out of the fact its a GG first and an email list first - some people disagree with this due to it being "google"
[20:39:17] <Elsen> DC: does this bigger picture inhibit people from chatting and using it as something that is a valid part of hackspace internal comms
[20:39:54] <Elsen> DS: does it as a mechanism perhaps deter people from posting just general trivial questions etc
[20:40:17] <Elsen> DC: could there be an alternative to GG which allows you to hold control over a different message
[20:40:24] <Elsen> *correcting DS to DC
[20:40:43] <Elsen> DM: to summarise issue for the agenda, NO is the answer
[20:41:10] <Elsen> ME: Could people post more things for their projects?
[20:41:38] <Elsen> Spencer: we did have some stats from last year on the google group, could we take a look at those now?
[20:41:44] <Elsen> ML: they do still exist, can we still get those?
[20:41:50] <Elsen> DM: I found it a bit sinister
[20:42:00] <Elsen> Spencer: it would answer the questions about who is using it though
[20:42:05] <ds1111> some stats here: http://lspace.nottinghack.org.uk/gg_wc/gg_word_count.php
[20:42:27] <Elsen> Jon: I rarely post but read most days, and use the web interface
[20:42:44] <Elsen> Jon: I don't really understand the difference between planet and the wiki
[20:43:00] <Elsen> JH: they've just 2 separate things - planet is just an aggregator of user's blogs
[20:43:14] <Elsen> JH: the wiki is an information store, and anyone can develop that
[20:43:39] <Elsen> Jon: but its a question of emphasis; does the wiki look too confusing? too official
[20:44:16] <Elsen> JOn: there's a massive number of parallel channels all of which do separate things, and not that we should necessarily have a single channel but we should be more coherent
[20:44:33] <Elsen> SRW: I'll form a wiki team
[20:44:53] <Elsen> SRW: I'll post this on the GG and ask for volunteers and create a team
[20:45:03] <Elsen> ME: how are we going to bring in the people who aren't on the mailing list?
[20:45:07] <Elsen> JH: it would have to go in the newsletter
[20:45:20] <Elsen> JH: make them sign up at gunpoint
[20:45:30] <Elsen> JF: would you like to bring up your section Mouse?
[20:45:49] <Elsen> Mouse: Yes! I'd like some money to take barbot to EMFcamp. I'd like to rent a transit van - I can take a lot of stuff in a transit van,
[20:45:52] <Elsen> JH: how much do you need?
[20:45:57] <Elsen> Mouse: NOt sure, but thought I'd check first
[20:46:03] <Elsen> JH: *nods*
[20:46:08] <Elsen> Mouse: could we get a luton for the whole space?
[20:46:14] <Elsen> DM: we could take poeples luggages and things
[20:46:17] <Elsen> Mouse: of course yes
[20:46:24] <Elsen> JH: the answer is yes
[20:46:41] <Elsen> Mouse: I'll get a few quotes. The biggest thing I can drive is aluton van with a trailer
[20:46:50] <Elsen> Toby: I can be second driver
[20:47:12] <Elsen> Mouse: I'm also going to run a fundraiser for barbot in the space to buy booze to fill barbot
[20:47:25] <Elsen> JH/DM: don't worry about the event, we'll cover the cost, focus on the event
[20:47:50] <Elsen> DM: but in principal, are we for yes?
[20:47:51] <Elsen> ALl vote yes.
[20:47:56] <Elsen> JH: we just need a yes
[20:48:01] <Elsen> *a quote
[20:48:27] <Elsen> GH: forgot to say at the beginning in terms of announcemnets, we have all the money for the lathe now we as a space pledged
[20:48:38] <Elsen> GH: we can now email everyone who has pledged and then ideally get the lathe
[20:48:48] <Elsen> GH: Also, we've got a toilet downstairs
[20:48:52] <Elsen> *confusion*
[20:48:58] <Elsen> JH: we have an executive washroom downstairs now
[20:49:15] <Elsen> JH: We have a room downstairs that we are using to store infrastructure equipment
[20:49:26] <Elsen> JH: it's an official store for all the infrastructure stuff
[20:49:37] <Elsen> SRW: how did we end up with that?
[20:50:00] <Elsen> DM: what I'd like to do was move a specific amount of infrastructure from the space and put it away and be able to explain where it is
[20:50:31] <Elsen> DM: we can get rid of things like parts drawers, 80 plastic chairs, propane bottles, timber, and the list goes on - a large amount of things being stored in the space which have an ambiguous status
[20:50:49] <Elsen> DM: as part of a bigger drive to sort the space out, we felt it was a good plan to move some of these things
[20:51:06] <Elsen> DM: we'd like to give a proper report on it next month when we can see how much stuff we've moved and how awesome it'll look
[20:51:15] <Elsen> Mouse: when we get it do we need to arrange help to get the stuff moved?
[20:51:21] <Elsen> JH: there's a fair amount of stuff
[20:51:24] <Elsen> JF: AoB?
[20:51:46] <Elsen> DM: last time we had EMF camp, we decided to subsidise 2 tickets that we did a draw for to help more of our membership to attend EMF
[20:51:59] <Elsen> DM: which is a prestige event which we are well known for attending and known for being ...
[20:52:25] <Elsen> DM: we are one of europes largest and best villages, and we need to have abig presence
[20:52:40] <Elsen> DM: to that end we'd like to give the opportunity for money to go towards tickets
[20:52:49] <Elsen> JH: we paid for two whole tickets last time
[20:53:18] <Elsen> ME: that needs to go out on the newsletter? for any draw
[20:53:46] <Elsen> DM: I agree, the GG is not an official organ for hackspace
[20:53:53] <Elsen> *mouse giggled at organ*
[20:54:02] <Elsen> JF: do we need a vote on that?
[20:54:07] <Elsen> JH: but there is the other stuff we were talking about
[20:54:10] <Elsen> JH: having a cook
[20:54:13] <Elsen> DM: that would be awesome
[20:54:29] <Elsen> JH: TL;DR we were the best village last time, and directly influenced the starting of several hackspaces
[20:54:51] <Elsen> JH: we had a big firepit, which was a bad plan and then DM got really drunk and fell over
[20:54:56] <Elsen> DM: the night after JH did exactly the same thing
[20:55:12] <Elsen> JH: i cooked for the entire weekend and it was great, we had full fried breakfasts and it was awesome
[20:55:45] <Elsen> JH: dominic was suggesting that someone have a ticket subsidised or bought for them, in addition or instead or the draw rickets
[20:56:48] <Elsen> DM: how do we decide who gets to do it?
[20:57:02] <Elsen> DM: and then it will only go to the one person who turns up?
[20:57:35] <Elsen> DM: how about instead we do it, people put money towards their food and another £10 for the cook money
[20:57:45] <Elsen> Mouse: do we want this to go external to the space?
[20:58:27] <Elsen> DM: NO
[20:59:12] <Elsen> JH: so, voting on 2 tickets - to give 50% to two tickets, so half of cost of a full cost ticket to two people in a draw
[20:59:31] <Elsen> Unanimous vote to YES
[20:59:52] <Elsen> *Sophie gave the Vs to Dominic*
[20:59:53] <Elsen> oops.
[21:00:14] <Elsen> Toby: do we need to take a keg?
[21:00:30] <Elsen> DM: we wouldn't get permission to do that though, and we should really encourage using their booze vendors
[21:00:47] <Elsen> DM/JH: it was a good bar, and we'd look unsupportive if we did that
[21:01:22] <Elsen> JH: we need to check what we can and can't do, and check with the EMF team
[21:01:35] <Elsen> JF: Ao, AoB?
[21:01:44] <Elsen> JF: meeting ended
[21:01:53] <Elsen> JH: congratulations to JF on your first meeting chaired