EMF Camp 2020/EMF Meeting 2020-01-17
Meeting in classroom to discuss EMF 2020 primarily the village and related things.
Immediate EMF questions (and some answers from Matt):
- Canvas Tents and other bits for village - can buy at some point from the main EMF website, the planned location to be done via. the "Village team", so more organised locations.
- Tickets for people running village workshops, or helping setup/teardown - will ask
- Pay it forward ticket - will ask
- Access for transport to unload/load - will ask
People to organise days for shared projects, eg Barbot.
Info to go on wiki:
- When we know rough costs - say £15-20 for pledging to help pay for tent, transport etc.
- Info on carpooling
- Info on arrival and teardown days Nottinghack will do
For anyone - not just meeting attendees - collate all the things we're doing - use the wiki! Can sort transport then.
Ways to get tickets - volunteering, talks, and ask about setup and teardown - eg: James Spence doing our transport (and others?).
Workshops are of a variety of things; making things for kids up to advanced stuff for adults. Costs of workshops can be generally materials.
Need to remember to take: Card machine reader for workshop and snackspace payments / barbot donations.
Village and Projects:
- Tent cost and also are they lit? Sizes? (Will check more thoroughly when available)
- Snackspace might be fun again (maybe also some healthy options)
- Barbot in the evening potentially (needs fixing first! and improving!) - Several people interested in fixing it (Andrew, Samathy, Dan, Daniel, and others)
- Samathy - Graham Sutherland laser show at the Nottinghack village? (later notes: He's got spare laser stuff but no spare controllers, maybe we'll sort a controller or run it in demo modes)
- Village Workshops?
- Sounds like enough interest for 4-7 hours of workshops of a variety of things
- Calendar for the village stuff - see: https://wiki.emfcamp.org/wiki/Publishing_Village_Schedules
- Power to the village - power tools potentially. Need some more extension leads potentially even just for soldering irons.
- Alex, Dan, Samathy, Andrew - potentially running workshop at the Nottinghack village
- Dan may doing boomerangs
- Badge Making, LED necklaces, etc. could be done (checked; have a stock of badges, may need to grab some more)
- (Maybe lighting as a theme?)
- Dan - potential CNC workshop! (if he can either sort the current one to make it more portable or have someone bring a more portable one)
- Dan - Bridge building - cocktail sticks and pingpong balls to span a gap
- Alex can likely get folding tables - 5-8 of them
- Project to show off:
- Alex - games made
- Alex - Joust mania using raspberry pi (better for evening)
- Samathy - Offered to get stickers and maybe other things
- Show off in the tent:
- Need to know what people are bringing - for transport and to fit it in the tent
- Dan - Big light fixture - something that looks cool (Andrew would love a retro billboard/movie board...)
- Samathy - LED Laser Display Board
- Dan - Hacky racers - may do a group Hackspace one but will do one himself at least
- Pay it forward ("Hack it forward") ticket - can we get one from EMF if we get it funded? To check. Trustees would organise who gets it (people ask them, they draw from the hat).