Meeting Drawing by Mike H
==Members Meeting 2nd October 2019==
William S, Martin, Dominic, Mike, Matt, Samathy, Russell, James S, Andrew A, Mark, Bob W, Ali M, Dan S
- Anyone on slack?
- Discussion happening about Jaffa Cakes
gsuberland 8:08 PM
Graham Sutherland if you need to record the name
DanS 8:09 PM
===Announcements & Events===
alexmann 8:09 PM
I'm lurking but will likely not contribute much
gsuberland 8:09 PM
I'm just vaguely paying attention to minutes though, while out drinking, so don't feel like you need to stop for any input from me.
DanS 8:10 PM
- Dominic is now a trustee, Welcome!
gsuberland 8:10 PM
Glad Dom is back on the scene.
Dominic* sorry forgot he doesn't like the shortened version
DanS 8:11 PM
====Nottingham Green Festival====
- Weather was excellent
- Spoke to loads of people but didn't result in lots of foot traffic the week after
- Dominics talk was good & well attended!
- Its good to have visibility in the community!
- Overall a success! Well done everyone that took part
- Really well attended
- Excellent vibes in the space
- Toby & Rob's terrorchild won!
- 9 or 10 teams competing & the whole place was full!
gsuberland 8:14 PM
DanS 8:14 PM
- Should we run it more than once a year.
- Perhaps we can run a show and tell?
- Ali would like to run something adventurous over a weekend
- Rube Goldberg event? We ran one back when nottinghack was very new
- Perhaps we could run it at an external event?
- Derby makers did a what-if machine
- The Great British Hack off? @maq
- Dominic mentions an ikea furniture construction race!
- Discussion on if we should use instructions or not
- @maq & @Dominic Morrow are going to have a chat about activities for next years green fest. @russellh might be able to arrange more space if we have an activity
moop 8:23 PM
is also watching along on Slack
DanS 8:24 PM
- When: 3rd Decemember 2019
- Where: Antenna
- We are keen to get as many members there as possible
- Please talk to as many people as you can and ask them to come
- We are working on making the meeting interesting, it will be well chaired and will be an awesome event
- Trustees will put out a request for agenda items closer to the time
- @Andrew Armstrong will make a cake for all 700 members
===Actions & Minutes from last meeting===
- All agreed they are acceptable
====Leaking tap in the bathroom====
- Still leaking
- The first newsletter went out last month
- We still need story submissions for the next newsletter. Do we have any members who are journalists?
- There's an event in the calendar
- The RFID reader for the SLA has been completed
- @dave.s SLA station is underway
- Need to get some more stories from newsletter
- @maq is going to ask Toby for the list of entries
- Facebook and Twitter are plodding along
- @iandickinson & @robosquid fixed the embroidery machine
- The electronics area is pretty messy
- @Samathy Barratt has been tidying up the area and has joined the electronics team :slightly_smiling_face:
- Could do with other people looking after the area too
- The trustees are looking at ways to empower people to tidy up
- Laser area is changing and is currently a WIP
- Bizspace have been doing lots of work on the electronics in the space
William Shakour 8:40 PM
DanS 8:40 PM
- They are going to be doing some planned power outages
- @dpslwk is liaising with the engineers as they test the upstairs electronics
- We are unsure who is responsible for the fixes if they are required. We will deal with it as & when it happens
- Downstairs should be ok
- Once Matt knows about the electrical work dates he post everywhere
- William mentions some work has been done on the back door autocloser
- Nico has fixed the Oven and the water heater!
- @iandickinson is working on making a new machine for the second laser
- @bobw Would like a printer upstairs
- @Mr. Flibble is going to bring in a windows PC
- Could do with some more volunteers on the membership team
- Today was a bit of a cobbled together
- Would be a good opportunity for people to meet new members
- There is a script if anyone would like guidance or anyone that is interested can follow a tour
- 19 new members, 12 ex members
- +7 over the month
- Eddie has been keeping it spotless
- & Benjamin
T-Hex 8:49 PM
DanS 8:49 PM
- There is a budget for consumables that the metalworking team can access
- No update
- No update
T-Hex 8:50 PM
Hi everyone, my first such meeting :)
DanS 8:50 PM
- Thanks to Chris & Eddie
====Software & Tools====
- No update
- No update
====Hackspace 2.5 Team====
- Work has focused on the upstairs laser area
- Pending the laser team installing the new laser
dpslwk 8:52 PM
DanS 8:53 PM
- Matt is talking through the wiki page
- Some large donations have come in this month!
- £540 from workshops, thanks to all those who ran workshops!
- All donations are gratefully received no matter how big or small.
- We need to pull ourselves through the financial situation as a collective by each making small contributions
- We are definitely making progress on increasing our regular income, the date of hitting zero has been pushed back to may/ June as it currently stands
- It was initially January
- Approximately 20 People have increased their membership fees in the last month on top of the original increases
Andrew Walters 9:01 PM
Can you share what is the Expenses adjustment in this months accounts
DanS 9:02 PM
- Pledge drive for the first set of 4 Tables has reached half of the goal, the trustees have agreed to order the first 4
Andrew Walters 9:02 PM
Cheers ,good call
DanS 9:06 PM
- Everyone in the room sends best wishes to @MalcolmC who is currently unwell.
iandickinson 9:06 PM
There is a pub quiz on 15 November, tickets on Eventbrite
DanS 9:07 PM
- Yes! Thanks Ian
- There will be a festivus this year
- We are talking about a 10th anniversary dinner at the moment, something to look forwards to!
A few new events have just gone up on our eventbrite page. In the next month or so, we've got all of this coming up!
Sept 28th - Crapathon
Oct 5th - Communication For Hackers
Oct 5th - Introduction to Arduino
Oct 12th - Embroidery for Beginners
Oct 12th - Origami with Betty Ching
Oct 12th - Lasers: More than just a cut
Oct 12th - Paper Stencil Screen Printing
Oct 19th - Pyrography with Bob Neil
Oct 22nd - CNC Engraving for Beginners
Nov 9th - Boomerangs for Beginners
Nov 15th - Nottinghack Pub Quiz
- & Hackoween
Andrew Armstrong 9:10 PM
Will be Artemis in November! I'll find a date.
DanS 9:10 PM
==End of Meeting==