Arcade Talk Resources
Resources relating to Michael's MAME/Arcade workshop/talk.
- my site! http://www.tecspy.com/arcade
- B.Y.O.A.C. Build Your Own Arcade Controls Forum and Wiki http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/
- jakobud Arcade Cabinet Plans http://jakobud.com/plan-list.php
- K.L.O.V. (Killer List Of Videogames) http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_list.php?letter=A&type=Videogame
- ArcadeWorld UK http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/
- Ultimarc UK controls manufacturer https://www.ultimarc.com/
Monitors, cabinets, amps & speakers, controls, artworks, bezel wheels and feet, coin mechanism, PC, interfaces, MAME. Front-ends and utilities, Controls latency and accuracy.
- microswitch types
- leaf switches
- gold leaf module
- ZIPPYY (note spelling when doing eBay/Google searches) Cheap and cheerful: http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Short-Shaft-Ball-Top-Arcade-Joystick.html
- Euro Stik
Trackballs, spinners, steering wheels, flight yokes, etc.
- keyboard encoders - what they do, how they work, USB vs PS2
- USB Joystick HID
- Minimus, KADE with LUFA
- Arduino Mega
- PlayStation to USB
- Dance Mat encoders
- Get on the forums!
- Use what Hackspace has to offer
- Definitely go to arcades and look at machines. See what does and does not work well for you.