A barn raising is an event where a community comes together, at the same time and place, to achive a planned goal.
Sometimes the goal will be of interest to the whole community, but it might just help a few members or an individual do something they could not achieve alone.
The benefits to the community:
- It quickly creates a sense of accomplishment and good will.
- When the community help individual members it strengthens bonds.
- It increases the amount of time and attention people give to the collective.
To the participants:
- People can expect to learn from the event.
- A successful barn raising is a often followed by a celebration and is a good oportunity to make friends.
Nottinghack barn raising events
Todo: add examples of Nottinghack barn raising events.