This page explains how to upload images to this wiki. We upload images to the wiki so they can be embedded in wiki pages.
Uploading a single image
You can upload images one-at-a-time on the Special:Upload page:
- On the left-hand sidebar, under “toolbox”, click “Upload file.”
- Select the “Source filename”
- Fill in the optional “Summary” text.
Adding information about the image
If you upload an image with a name like "DSC0013424.JPG", then please choose a more meaningful
Destination filename on the upload page, as it makes linking to the image easier.
A description, license information and categories can be added in the summary (it can be update late by going to image page and clicking edit). Example summary in wiki markup:
==Summary== '''Source:''' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cat_silhouette.svg '''Licence''' [[wikipedia:Public domain]] [[Category:Design and graphics]]
Uploading a set of images
The program Commonist can be used to upload a whole batch of images. You can set it up as follows:
- Install Commonist by following the specific installation instructions for your operating system  (unfortunately the 'Easiest way' described in those instructions -- using JNLP -- will not work! You must install the program to your computer).
- Open the file
etc/wikis.txtinside the Commonist directory.
- Add the following line of text to the file:
nottinghack _ http://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/api.php
- Now you can run Commonist and select 'nottinghack' in the list of Wikis.