|The information on this page is NOT current. It retained for historical or archival purposes only. (March 2019)|
This Workshop introduces the Cypress PSoC range of MCU devices and Development Kits.
PSoC stands for Programmable System on a Chip. The PSoC devices have been through a number of families and there are different versions within those families. Devices generally comprise the following
- an MCU one of the 8 bit M8C proprietary core an 8051 and ARM M0, M0+ or M3
- serial comms blocks called SCBs (can be I2C, UART, SPI etc)
- hardware Timer Counters / Pulse Width Modulators (TCPWMs)
- programmable hardware blocks (CPLD style logic blocks and registers)
- programmable analogue blocks including Op-Amps, Comparators, ADCs and DACs
Devices are configured and programmed with PSoC Creator an IDE which includes schematic capture and a toolchain that compiles, programmes and debugs application code.