The optic dispenser pours a unit of alcohol (i.e. 25 ml) for each dispensing operation. Commercial optic measures are use for this, driven by a servo.
Mounting & hardware
Servo is attached to plate which is mounted at the normal to the optic mounting board. Hardware:
- 4 x 30mm M3 machine screw
- 4 x M3 locknut
- self-adhesive cable clip or P-clip w/ small self taping wood screw
- string / cable
- quick release cable clip (for when we need to change the bottle)? (to be designed!)
- High torque servo (see Daniel's purchases on Project:BarBot/Purchases and expenditure page)
- [boot]Sends message: "ready <dispenser-id>"
- Receives message: "dispense".
- Uses servo to open value
- Pause enough time for pouring of drink
- Returns servo to closed value position
- Sends message: "done <dispenser-id>"
- Pause long enough to refill optic chamber before accepting second dispense signal
- Sends message: "ready <dispenser-id>"
No integral arduino in optic dispenser - is controlled by central Arduino directly.
- 1 x PWM pin from Arduino
- +5VDC from external supply
- Common ground (Arduino & external supply)
Only control from Arduino directly - power comes from external 5V supply which can deliver more current (PC power supply?)
LED shining into the optic chamber / bottle would look good.
- Arduino ground
- Arduino digital output pin