Project:Fire Pong Meeting 2016-01-23
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fire Pong Meeting 2016-01-23
- Ian D
- Toby J
Also making at the space:
- Matt Lloyd
Also at the test:
- Kate H
At the space:
- Tomandahalf made us a quick release fitting for the air compressor
- Ian and russell helped weld it to some 22mm copper pipe
- Pressure test with up to 6 bar air at the space, using soapy water to find leaky joints. A few very slow leaks at pressure, but nothing to worry about. Matt Lloyd is good with a spanner so we pretty much eliminated them.
- Toby made the funnel / fan dryer ducta lot of pressure
- Mouse soldered up power for the dryer
To Leslie Road:
- Test up to about 1.8 bar propane, with no accumulator; which turned out to be plenty for an impressive puff with 22mm piping
- Regulator has a feature where you press down on the adjuster to get 1 bar out - makes a nice little puff when the non-boost position is low as there is not much storage space in the tubing for gas
- No problems with flash down into the pipe
- Forgot to weigh propane tank before and after, so we don't know how much we used
- Chilli and spuds, yum!
- Ian to get parts together for a 15mm prototype using a solenoid valve / no accumulator
- Mouse to continue trying to get valve out of empty butane tank for accumulator (Tomandahalf if working on making a tool to help with this)
- Perhaps we can have a single 15mm line with several smaller solenoid valves along the length. If they're cheap enough to get 10-15, we could maybe do the original plan of having a fire "puck" for pong! Electric igniters would be good here, or electric + oxygenated (blue) pilots?
- Fit gauze into 22mm barrel (although frankly, doesn't seem necessary
Next Meeting: end of next week?