Project:Fire Pong Meeting 2016-06-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fire Pong Meeting 2016-06-09
- Ian D
At The Space
- Assembled minimal BSPT section, attached to prototype small puffer with solenoid on the end
- Attached air hose source attachment, & pressure tested to 3 bar. One thread needed re-doing with more PTFE tape and then was pretty much sealed. Tiny bubbling, but nothing to worry about
- Connected propane regulator source again.
At Mouse's Place
- Tested spark igniter and Arduino control with Mouse's prototype electronics
- Added pre-burn solenoid open (13 ms open, 250 ms closed, then main burn)
- With pre-burn, ignition reliable
- Cross wind (from a mouth) made ignition less reliable
- Still didn't run out of propane, although no liquid LPG left - just gas pressure
- Test big success!
- Next meeting at the space Saturday afternoon start around 1330/1400
- At the meeting: Ian to bring all solenoids - time to try to assemble 5 puffer section!