Jump to navigation Jump to search
BarBot Meeting 2014-04-03
Attendees: Mouse, Ian D, Banjoface, Seb P
Regrets: Michael E, Sophie W, Daniel S,
Agenda: Project status & progress, design talk, hacking things
- We went over project goals to bring Seb up to speed on the project
- Watched Daniel S's video of his optic mechanism
- Seb offered to build a Carousel for the optics, said he has the necessary bearings. Said he reckons he can have it done in two weeks!
- We discussed carbonated mixer delivers mechanisms: postmixes and less expensive alternatives
- Postmix is probably prohibitively expensive, and yet carbonated mixers are really desirable.
- There might be a way to deliver them by elevating a 2L bottle, having two pipes through a screw cap on the bottle (one for air return), and a pinch valve. We should investigate it.
- If we spend half the cost of a postmix, we might be able to incorporate a weighing (or other) mechanism to meter soft drink dispensing
- Seb suggested a mechanism for pushing the optic up using a linkage and a geared motor
- The rest of the time was spend hacking together a prototype of the optic, which actually worked!
- Mouse: meeting write-up, look into placating EM Fields re: us providing drinkohol.
- Mouse & Ian D: get some parts together for prototyping carbonated drinks dispensing
- Seb P: produce design for optic delivery device
- Seb P: get cracking on the carousel!
- Banjoface: continue work on vaporiser accompaniment to BarBot
- Eat delicious chocolate
- Next meeting: next Thursday (2014-04-17)