Jump to navigation Jump to search
BarBot Meeting 2014-04-24
Attendees: Mouse, Ian D, Daniel S, Michael E, Banjoface
Regrets: Seb P
Agenda: Project status & progress, design talk, hacking things
- Daniel showed his prototype for a weight measuring device. Kitchen scale 0-5kg from ebay. Analog output 2-5 volts. Still need to do calibration work and test linearity.
- Banjoface got a big syringe thing delivered. Possible delivery of non-fizzy stuffs. Grenadine would looks good - red like blood.
- Michael brought in a screen in a picture frame. We talked about having a status display which would show something like what drink is currently being made
- Mouse went over the software architecture:
- Pi running web interface on open WiFi
- Customer chooses drink, gets PIN, takes number to operator who approves drink
- Drink recipe executed by pi, sending commands to arduino over serial
- Config held in database. Arduino has no knowledge of which drink in which slot
- Soft drink dispensing w/ CO2 (Michael's research):
- £20 for 20 oz canister of CO2
- High pressure regulator 150 Psi -> 12 Psi (BSP Fittings), w/ manifold £6
- PET caps w/ 2 tubes on thingiverse (insert for cap)
- Status: in progress
- Mouse: meeting write-up, finish contact with EMF organisers re: drinkahol
- Mouse: to get a driver for the stepper to play with the carousel.
- Michael E, Daniel, Ian: to continue carbonated delivery system research & prototype
- Ian: have a think about the syringe for grenadine delivery
- Seb P: produce design for optic delivery device
- Seb P: continue with carousel!
- Banjoface: continue work on vaporiser accompaniment to BarBot (which is looking amazing!)
- Cocktail Research: Make a list of candidate (doable) cocktails to aim for
- Prototype squirters
- Improved carbonated drink dispensers
- Power System
- Software & database
- Next meeting: next Thursday (2014-05-01)