I had been planning to make an LED suit for EMF Camp 2020 but it never came to be unfortunately because of COVID-19 so decided to make some for our skating group's Halloween 2020 roll-out instead. They worked really well and were a lot of fun to cruise around the city in.
|5M LED Light Strip
|12V AA Battery Pack
|12V DC Power Jack Connector
|8x AA Batteries
- Cut LED Strips into 3x sections matching Arm span, torso & Legs
- Solder wires onto each strip at joints
- Connect DC Power Jack Connectors as appropriate to the bottom of the torso & middle of legs. This will allow the costume to be removed by allowing the trousers and top to separate when needed.
- Clip to clothes using safety clips and/ or a suitable tape. I used ice hockey sock tape quite successfully to tape at the joints.
- Insert batteries and power-on!