Getting the right quantity of each ingredient into a glass/shaker/whatever.
Spirits are the main event here. Whisky, Vodka etc. In the UK single measures of spirits are either 25ml or 35ml at the discretion of landlords (35ml traditionally being used in Scotland according to wikipedia). We need to be able to dispense fairly precise measures. If commercialised, dispensing volume needs to be stamped by a government agency who test the device.
- Optics, also knows as "optic pearls" (Daniel, Mouse to do prototypes)
- 25ml/35ml Beaumont style optics look nice. Cheapest price for delivery of one was £12, larger numbers are cheaper
- I just received delivery of a set of 6 with bottle holders and a rotary stand
- Other styles may or may not be easier to mechanise
- Optic prototype attempt #1
- Pinch values / gravity pinch values
- Concerns about consistent flow rate & dripping
- Peristaltic pump (Michel E to prototype)
- Tippers (any takers?)
- cheap liquid pumps: http://www.dx.com/p/hsyy01-water-pump-motor-w-hose-white-silver-236808#.U15g5fldUW0
- perhaps only suitable for low-viscosity liquids
- Silcone aquarium tubing for making p. pumps
- Inexpensive TowerPro 90 servos SKU: 188549 x6 £12 to drive pinch values and peristaltic pumps
- Fizzy & non-fizzy
- Some viscous / sticky may constrain delivery mechanism
- Fizz drink dispenser
- standard PET carbonated drinks bottle cap size
- Postmix system (prohibitively expensive!)
- siphon and pressurisation: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:288351
- CO2 pressurised delivery systems
- CO2 replaces headspace to ensure no loss of carbonation and constant pressure available at tap
- single pressurisation device for all liquids - manifold distribution
- can dispense from standard 2 litre PET pop bottles with hacked coke bottle cap - quick and easy to replace with no decanting
- need food-grade co2 gas bottle - we have one at the space BTW!
- purchasable and refillable from various places http://yorkshire-co2gas.co.uk/ -- 3.1 Kg £55.00 Supplied Full With New Valve & Plastic Guard (For Aquarium)
- fittings http://wrekinpneumatics.fluidfittingsshop.com/
- regulators: http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/6470-Dual-Stage-Regulators
- How to dispense?
- How to keep solid etc.