We have a number of TDA2611A 5W amplifier chips at the space and I'd like to build a small 5W audio amplifier and perhaps develop it into a workshop project.
Some examples of its use: -
- A circuit: http://frrl.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/history-of-reciever-design-regeneration-and-building-the-tectec-1253/
- (Just a mention) http://michaelgellis.tripod.com/audioamp.html
- TDA2611A in a simple amp: http://unitrel.pl/gif/tda2611.pdf
Some thoughts: -
- it's a dual learning and skill sharing exercise
- The TDA2611A costs about 75p nowadays!
- we would just be gainfully employing them!
- this is a set up to knock down -
- the first design is to see if we can make it work
- I don't expect it to be any good!
- I shall make the example circuit from Fig 10 in the datasheet
- we have plenty of large capacitors at the space
- we also have lots of power transformers that will give us 24V power for workshop take-homes
- also audio transformers for decoupling - as we use here at work
- potentiometers for faders 10Mo Log pots required
- I'd like to control volume and tone optionally by Arduino
Larger class B amplifier designs: -
General audio: -