Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hack the Space planning
- This discussion on Leeds Hack Space suggests having job cards  Jon (talk) 21:59, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
Alex's CNC Mill - Long term loan
What's been done since last members meeting
- CNC Slack Channel created.
- Meeting with Alex to discuss terms of loans:
- - Alex says a 3 Year minimum loan period as long as the machine is used as intended
- - Potential to loan the machine indefinitely after this 3 year period
- - Alex would like to impose an induction (Note the small CNC will remain induction free)
- - Machine will be bookable & pay-for-use like the laser
- Potential space agreed in Hackspace 2.5 metalworking area.
- - Approx 1.5m^2 space required for the complete set up.
- We have a plan for inductions on the large CNC & 3 People prepared to run them.
- Alex is working on designing the enclosure that will enable flood coolant. Design progress is being shared on the CNC Slack channel. May need some money from the Hackspace to buy polycarbonate sheets and peripherals for this.
What I want from the discussion at this members meeting
- Go ahead from the trustees to get the machine into the space ASAP.
- Some agreement on the amount of money available for the enclosure. Initial costings are around £200-£500 ish
- A guinea pig to test how effective the current induction plan is
- discuss a part of the space which is reasonably dust free to be set aside for projects with glue / finishes / castings &c. which require time to dry or cure, to be out of the way.
- projects to be tagged, similarly to LPS, but obviously with the expectation projects would not left for months, nor to be used as an extended LPS / squirreling area.
- source some racking for projects to stand on? wire shelving maybe.
- tentatively suggest the old craft room
I notice that the plates and dishes cupboard is looking a bit precarious. it is sagging under the weight. Probebly needs replacing. Do we need so much crockery?