Talk:Superbox CNC Router
Set G54 Through MDI Mode
To set it,
- Enter Manual Jogging mode by pressing the appropriate button on the right hand side or pressing F3 on the keyboard.
- Use the control arrows to move the gantry so that the centre of the tool is sitting on the point where (X,Y,Z) is (0,0,0) on your CAD model.
- Make a note of the Abs readings on the DRO (Green text on the top right)
- Open the MDI mode of GMOCCAPY program by pressing the appropriate button on the right hand side or pressing F5.
- Set G54 by running the following command
G10 L2 P1 X??? Y??? Z??? Where ??? are the coordinates you noted down in step 3.
Potential latency boostS for new pc?
We have a 4 core CPU in the new PC. Theres some stuff on this page about limiting the CPU cores resulting in far better latency: http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?The_Isolcpus_Boot_Parameter_And_GRUB2
Post #418 on this forum: Link mentions that adding a HD6450 GPU to his J3455 based system massively decreased the latency. His results:
Servo thread around 1900, Base thread about 6900