Difference between revisions of "Laser cutter/Inductions/Program"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
Revision as of 15:09, 19 February 2019
The induction program is there to ensure a new user can use the laser cutter safely and effectively.
You do not need to follow this step by step, but should include all of the material when running an induction.
- Risk of fire - Do not leave the laser cutter unattended when in use
- Location of fire extinguisher
Setting up safety
- Use of Laser safe materials ONLY
- laser(at)nottinghack.org.uk email address for any problems
- Explain parts of the machine
- PC Password
- Is everything on?
- Chiller should always be on
- Things to be aware of
- emergency stop - make sure they use it
- control panel - know who is using it
- The importance of Esc
- Test area
Introduction to LaserCut
- Starting - DownloadCFG
- Explain file types (DXF, ECP)
- Origin - Blue dot
- Drag - blue line is normal
- Selected items is always red
- Contrasts to layer colour
- Unite lines
- Import DXF
- Moving items to layers
- Move up/down
- Setting power, speed, type for Cut and Engrave
- 65% soft maximum
- Engrave scan gaps: 0.085 for 300dpi (roughly)
Setting up your XYZ axis
- Moving the head
- Focusing the bed
Cutting & Engraving
- Calculate - show problems
- On = Relative
- Off = Absolute
- Del All - always!
- Download current - puts stuff on cutter
- Control Panel - Start!
- Soft stop (and what to do about it)
- Removing items and rubbish from bed
- Closing up
- Hitting sign out
- Shut down the computer