- Please see Nottinghack Rules/Guide - Regular Events (Guide)
|The Space • Location • New Members|
• Tools • Events • Teams • Projects
|Volunteering • Infrastructure • Network|
• Members • Action List • Donations
Pledge Drives • Meeting • Financials
Branding • Suppliers • History
|Rules Members' Guide|
Events are a great way for us to get together, share ideas and have fun.
Check the google calendar for the full list of upcoming events. Some upcoming events are listed below.
Workshops and Open days
- Weekly Open Hack Night -- Every Wednesday - 6:30PM - 9PM
- Monthly Open Members' Meeting -- The first Wednesday of the month - 8pm – 9pm
- Next: See Agenda
Hack the Space
- Weekly Hackspace 2.5 Work -- on Tuesdays
- Monthly HMS Hack Day -- on the fourth Sunday
- Wiki meetup -- second Wednesday 18:00 - 19:30
- Comics Making Group -- Monthly on the first Thursday at 7pm in the Blue Room (downstairs) Facebook group Twitter
Planning an event
Regardless of whether an event is just a 1-1 workshop, small gathering or massive talk; any and all members of the Hackspace should feel empowered to run an event or group if they wish. If you have an idea for an event or are willing to run a workshop and need advice, there are several channels of help available!
As well as posting the event on the Google Calendar, Google group and Slack it can be:
Types of event
Workshops are a good way of sharing skills amongst members.
For previous workshops that have been run at the space, see our Eventbrite listings as well as the following pages:
- 2018: Various workshops took place including Introduction to Arduino and a Metalwork Induction Day.
The Nottinghack Open Days feature workshops, demonstrations and tours. Your ideas and participation are welcome. Previous Open Days include Open day 2011, Open day 2012, Open day 2013 and Open Day 2019.
Talks and Gatherings
Occasionally a big talk will happen at the hackspace. If you want to speak or know anyone that might, contact the Events team.
Big trips out make up a key part of the Nottinghack calendar
External Annual Events
Members from the Hackspace will generally attend these events each year or every other year.
- Light Night, February
- Science in the Park, March
- Nottingham Green Festival - Mid September
- Maker Faire's, April onwards
- London (Elephant and Castle)
- Leicester (may start 2014)
- Japanorama at Leicester Space Centre